Best Retail Experience

Current Employee - Sales Associate
Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Vera Bradley part-time

Pros

I love the people I work with. The guests are pretty great too. They focus on making connections and relationships with the customers and it really creates a great work environment.

Cons

Management is always a problem. They are more likely to hire from outside the company than promote from within. This doesn't do any favors for the morale of the employees. Also, the tardiness policy SUCKS!

Advice to Management

Communication and respect is key. You have to be approachable.

reviews filtered by

"A Girl's Best Friend"

I worked at Vera Bradley full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It would be great to be able to list a number of "Pros" to try and balance this out, but it is too difficult. Great discounts. Employees get nice benefits package. Salary basically fair.

Cons

Located out in the middle of nowhere now. No support services around. Not a real team culture - too political with everyone protecting their little piece of the turf regardless of anyone else. Holds on to archaic business practices. Extremely inefficient.

Advice to Management

Suffice it to say: If my " Best Friend" treated me like all my "Girl's Best Friends" at Vera Bradley, I would ditch her! This concept,if practiced in the truest sense, would be great;however that concept is broken from top to bottom. It's all a matter of opinion if someone is or is not being "A Girl's Best Friend." Too subjective and too political and careers are made or broken on this ridiculous concept.

2. Fantastic company and great people

Former Employee - Industrial Engineering Intern
    Former Employee - Industrial Engineering Intern

I worked at Vera Bradley

Pros

I loved my time that I spent at Vera and would love an opportunity to come back and work there again.

Cons

The ever expanding product line makes it very difficult to get out from under a small mountain of inventory. That was my only issue.