Vera Bradley

Best Retail Experience

Current Employee - Sales Associate
Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Vera Bradley part-time

Pros

I love the people I work with. The guests are pretty great too. They focus on making connections and relationships with the customers and it really creates a great work environment.

Cons

Management is always a problem. They are more likely to hire from outside the company than promote from within. This doesn't do any favors for the morale of the employees. Also, the tardiness policy SUCKS!

Communication and respect is key. You have to be approachable.

74 Other Employee Reviews for Vera Bradley (View Most Recent)

Best company I've ever worked for.

Current Employee - Store Associate
    Current Employee - Store Associate

I have been working at Vera Bradley part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I love working for Vera Bradley mostly because of the company's Core Values. Our core values include having fun, being fussy, showing respect, being humble, and honesty. I have made so many great friends working for Vera Bradley, and I have learned so much about myself because of this job. It pushes me to be a better person, and I know that no matter how bad my day can be, someone at work will always manage to make me laugh.

Cons

The major pain in the butt for me has got to be the tags on all the items. They always get stuck in the zippers, and when I'm showing an item to a guest, they think it's a defect when the zipper doesn't want to close. I wish there were a better way to store the tags. Other than that, there aren't really any cons.

A piece of advice I would share with my upper management is that they should be more humble. It's okay to let me help you. You don't have to take care of every little thing all by yourself. That's why you hired us, so we can help you.

"A Girl's Best Friend"

I worked at Vera Bradley full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It would be great to be able to list a number of "Pros" to try and balance this out, but it is too difficult. Great discounts. Employees get nice benefits package. Salary basically fair.

Cons

Located out in the middle of nowhere now. No support services around. Not a real team culture - too political with everyone protecting their little piece of the turf regardless of anyone else. Holds on to archaic business practices. Extremely inefficient.

Suffice it to say: If my " Best Friend" treated me like all my "Girl's Best Friends" at Vera Bradley, I would ditch her! This concept,if practiced in the truest sense, would be great;however that concept is broken from top to bottom. It's all a matter of opinion if someone is or is not being "A Girl's Best Friend." Too subjective and too political and careers are made or broken on this ridiculous concept.

There are newer employer reviews for Vera Bradley