There are newer employer reviews for Veracyte

Great company to work for; not so great customer care department management

Former Employee - Client Services Specialist in South San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Client Services Specialist in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at Veracyte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity to learn and grow with a start-up company and learning a different aspect of the biotech/healthcare industry

Cons

Management for the customer care department is unorganized and unprofessional. Start-up companies are challenging to work with being that changes can occur frequently, therefore management should be more approachable when questions arise. Minimal growth opportunities and lack of support from upper management.

Advice to Management

Evaluate the retention rate to determine a plan of action to keep employees motivated to stay. Manage with professionalism and less emotion and be more respectful when communicating with the department.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

If everyone could be so lucky!

Current Employee - Client Services Specialist in South San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Client Services Specialist in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Veracyte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Casual + cool vibe, extraordinary minds, strong work ethics, great health benefits, fun company events, free food (peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, yogurt, fresh fruit, espresso machines, and the Keurig), and exceptional management, who want their team to succeed!

Cons

Since Veracyte is a start-up company, there aren't too many perks, but it's worth the wait!

Advice to Management

You're doing an exceptional job! As our company grows, it would be great to discuss career growth opportunities and possibly offer career development classes to those who are interested in leadership.

Best environment I have ever experienced in the industry

Current Employee - Billing Specialist in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Billing Specialist in Austin, TX

I have been working at Veracyte full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Many times we have to tighten our lips and gaze off into space to conjure up what we enjoy about our job. Not with Veracyte. You will never find yourself with a yellow Post-It writing PROS and CONS underneath a heading of "Should I find a new job?" The Pros trump the Cons at Veracyte simply due to the fact that there simply are no Cons. This comes quite shocking to you, as you read this, desperately in search of a new "home" where you can plant your experience and watch your future grow as it never has.

Many of us work years at a "job" to hope our accomplishments will be rewarded, or at least - recognized. Without recognition on a job well done, our motivation depletes...along with our sanity. Veracyte recognizes accomplishments weekly and often we receive emails regarding a successful project - along with the name of the employee who hammered it out! To see this type of recognition in the medical field is impressive. Many employers in this field are strictly concerned with monetary spreadsheets and "end of month numbers," but Veracyte takes an alternative spin by enriching the work environment with COMMUNICATION. With communication comes recognition. We find ourselves reviewing recent productivity, which is specific to our individual departments. Furthermore, our staff is involved in the "science" behind our work, current marketing campaigns and long-term business goals. Veracyte believes in educating its employees on these subjects. I never feel as though I am kept in the dark by corporate staff. There is no need to wonder, "Will I have a job tomorrow?"

Common questions applicants find ourselves asking are:
    Is the pay good?
    Are the hours rigid?
    Are the managers respectful?
    IS IT A GOOD PLACE TO WORK?

I will not submerge myself into answering each of these questions with "scenarios," nor will I answer these questions with flowery words strictly because I am a current employee. I can honestly say that Veracyte is above all others in fairness in regards to compensation, flexibility and management style, as they base all of this on YOU. By hiring a great staff, they can ensure higher productivity by allowing each member of the team to shine in his/her own way.

If you are up for a challenge, consider yourself a team player, who exercises honesty and good morale each day, Veracyte has a great opportunity for you. Be ready to watch a company grow and flourish in the years to come. Oh - and throw out that "Should I find a new job" Post-It.

Cons

Unbelievable as it may seem, I have no current or active "CONS" with Veracyte. The only protocol that I found worrisome was the interview process. I was subjected to an extensive background check (which takes several days to process) and found myself facing multiple interviews with several members of the staff. I had never experienced such a detailed interview process and was quite intimidated.

After I received a formal offer for the position, I was able to set my nerves aside and consider this: What company have I ever worked for that took such effort into hand-picking their employees? NONE. Furthermore, the background check ensures the work environment is safe. After working with this company for several months, I am reminded each day of why the interview process stands its ground. Veracyte stands by its mission to maintain an honest, hard-working and collaborative staff. The Veracyte culture is in a league of its own, by far.

As someone who has worked in an office setting for many years, I must also commend the interview process for ensuring hired staff be courteous, respectful and honest with one another. We have all experienced upper-management issues, co-worker "drama" and stressful environments due to poor management which has "leaked" its way from the corporate pool. Rest assured, you will find no leaky pipes within the culture at Veracyte.

Advice to Management

Advice to management...keep up the good work! Thank you for making us feel valued each day.