Untrustworthy representation for developers

Current Contractor - Software Engineer in Orlando, FL
Current Contractor - Software Engineer in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Veredus as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The proactive friendly contact during the first month of contract work.

Cons

Pay for developers is 60% what they charge the client company. Watch out!!! When it came time for contract-to-perm conversion, the recruiter seemed more focused on spinning things in a way that would keep me through the end of the contract. I approached the recruiter at the 60 and 45 day mark before contract end about getting an offer letter and nothing came to fruition except empty promises. Had to find another position through another recruiting agency on short notice. Also heard from another contractor in the same boat with them that the same recruiter was speaking unprofessionally about me and attempting to save face. While this may be a problem with the local office staff, it does not reflect well on the company as a whole and I will never do business with them again.

Advice to Management

If you put money and relationships with big business above relationships with the little guys, you WILL establish a reputation of being disreputable. My colleagues will know about this experience which translates to 50+ diminished opportunities for revenue. At a $30/hr profit margin on labor, do the math on how much you just lost.

Veredus Response

Apr 23, 2014 – CEO

I appreciate your feedback. It helps us to improve. We certainly don't condone the type of behavior that you described and I encourage you to reach out to our Orlando Office Leader.

Other Employee Reviews for Veredus

Technical Recruiter

Pros

Love the work and the employees

Cons

Recruiting is a lot of cold calling

2. Great account reps and insurance benefits...

Current Contractor - IT Project Coordinator in Orlando, FL
    Current Contractor - IT Project Coordinator in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Veredus as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Health insurance benefits start on day one, diligent account reps looking for more work opportunities, recruiters stay in contact with you and are in your corner. My recruiter stayed in contact with me several times a week while I was between job assignments and let me know what possible jobs were in the works. They also were very prompt in returning my phone calls and emails.

Cons

Like all temporary staffing firms the available work opportunities is dependent on the economy.

Advice to Management

Provide training opportunities so your workforce can become more diverse in their skill set and therefore more marketable.