Veredus

www.vereduscorp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Veredus

Great Place to Work

I have been working at Veredus

Pros

Environment, culture, pay structure, promotion opportunities

Cons

None I can think of

82 Other Employee Reviews for Veredus (View Most Recent)

Recruiters are Mules here...Get the training and leave before your year...Same old staffing agency...get out

Former Employee - IT Recruiter
    Former Employee - IT Recruiter

I worked at Veredus full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I admit, when I was there, they had a training process that just started which was fairly strong, it gave me my edge with IT Recruiting and is now helping me start my own recruiting practice. I would recommend going with Veredus just for the training if they still have one, but plan to get out after 6 months, don't try to build a future there. Don't be concerned with silly KPIs, its rubbish. Just get the training, get the experience, and get out. The recruiters are okay, but the Tampa office can be a bit stuffy and narcissistic. Everyone is so beautiful there, so if you're unattractive...forget it, which makes no sense since most of your interaction is by phone. There is a general preference to hire females because most of IT is considered a male-dominant industry. Management is another story.

Cons

I’m actually not bitter, I'm in a far better place now and working towards 2 years with my company. However, Veredus has become their worst enemy. Just like the other big brand agencies Robert Half, Teksystems, Aerotek, K-force, Insight Global, Volt, you name it. Recruiters are treated like mules. Here’s why, you have key people with the company for the life of the company, they bring in new recruiters, recruiter’s primary goal is to build out their database, make calls, qualify candidates. Then in a year, turnover and gradually bring in new “mules”. They keep their core people, but replace recruiters are they go. No chance in hell to grow with the company. The company then absorbs all the profits from candidates on assignments. If you notice, they have their current employees all right reviews to give you perception they are this great company. Sure, they’re great for those core staff. Sucks if you’re just starting out at the bottom. The only chance you have is if they are opening a new office. AMs/Recruiters couldn’t hack it in their HQ office in Tampa, so they leave to start elsewhere to be given a shot to grow with company. However, those new offices, like a virus, practices the same unfairness. I observed discrimination against protected class between the Sales team and candidates we submitted because of names, accents, race/color, gender/sex. Oh yes, the discrimination was so overt, that I was shocked and the clients we worked with encouraged this behavior. They have become what they dread most…a high turnover recruiter nightmare. My advice is this, go with them if you absolutely have no other choice, but have an exit plan from day 1 to get the hell out before a year…if you survive that long.

Why bother! They don't listen, they don't care, they don't ask, just hush and produce, produce, produce.

Veredus Response

Aug 21, 2014CEO

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. I am disappointed it did not work out for you here, and even more disappointed you did not share your concerns with me prior to leaving ... More

Professional

Former Employee - Migration Support Technician in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Migration Support Technician in Tampa, FL

I worked at Veredus as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Veredus looks after Their employees,verifies information so you always know who,what,when where and why.

Cons

Not 100% sure I received all the feedback I needed.

Respond directly to any issues full on, If conflicts occur, be certain to address them to employees directly. example: I should have been asked to obtain a smartphone to maintain contact with a customer that used a bridge call for communications with field agents. In retrospect,lack of the tool caused irritation with the customer.

There are newer employer reviews for Veredus