Verengo Solar

There are newer employer reviews for Verengo Solar

Fun place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous in Torrance, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous in Torrance, CA

I have been working at Verengo Solar full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Fast-paced
- High energy
- Challenging
- Great Support and Training
- Good Management
- Awesome atmosphere

Cons

There is never a dull moment at Verengo.

Continue to deal with problems quickly, fairly and consistently.

142 Other Employee Reviews for Verengo Solar (View Most Recent)

Verengo Up For Sale Get Out While You Can

Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in Fresno, CA
    Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in Fresno, CA

I worked at Verengo Solar full-time (more than an year)

Pros

When I first started as a canvasser, Verengo in the Central Valley of California was a family. Month after month, I would look across the table and see my friends. We all did well until a change in management. During this time, us canvassers were given a territory to work and logged in our hours at the end of the day. No micromanagement whatsoever.

Cons

In April 2014, Randy Bishop and Ken Button shot out an email stating they were exploring the sale of Verengo. Around this time, canvassers went from being trusted as adults to log our hours and meet our monthly quota to being treated like children where we were given set work schedules and weekly quotas. To understand Verengo, you have to understand the structure. Verengo contains four structures: 1. Corporate, 2. Sales, 3. Telemarketing (Any and all reviews from Phoenix, AZ) and 4. Canvass (Central Valley, Northern California, Los Angeles, New York, Antelope Valley, Orange County, etc.) As a canvasser, my job was to put food on the table of those above me. Canvassers gather the leads and appointments to employ Verengo's call center (telemarketing) in Phoenix, AZ. Our leads and appointments, at the behest of those in Phoenix, would translate into appointments (inside and outside) for local sales reps. If an appointment got sold, then corporate would reap all the benefits and trickle it on downward to the tune of $100 to $165/sale depending on your canvasser rank (Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum). All Corporate ever did was give us some Tony Robbins inspirational nonsense with no direction on what territories panned out. Verengo's Corporate mindset is, "It isn't about the territory, it is about the canvasser." Let me ask, could Billy Mays sell Gucci handbags at retail markup in south central LA? Of course not, territory matters, yet according to Verengo Corporate it does not.

Sell the company to Solar City.

Good

Current Employee - Canvasser in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Canvasser in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Verengo Solar part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great Schedule (Five Words Now?)

Cons

Get results or you are out.

None