There are newer employer reviews for Verenium

There may be some speed bumps, but nothing is going to stop this company.

Current Employee - Staff  in  Jennings, LA
Current Employee - Staff in Jennings, LA

I have been working at Verenium

Pros

If you are into being "Green", you would love working for Verenium. The attitude and drive to make Cellulosic Ethanol and free us from foreign oil is incredible. This is a new technology and has plenty of challenges, but the mindset of management, the employees and even the partners we work with is not just "we can do it", but that "we will do it." The best part is that they have committed to doing everything safely and in a way that not only doesn't hurt the environment, but actually helps the environment. I couldn't be more proud to work for a company.

Cons

Working in an industry that is new makes each day a challenge. This is a positive thing most of the time, but can be draining once in a while. The saying, "the only thing that doesn't change is change itself" has never been more true that here. Working here definitely keeps you on your toes.

Setting goals and deadlines is a good thing, but if they are always overly optimistic and can barely ever be met on time, moral suffers. Be aggressive, set goals, but be realistic and make sure they are achievable.

7 Other Employee Reviews for Verenium (View Most Recent)

Verenium, Diversa's grim successor

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Verenium

Pros

The company culture is great: laid back, welcoming, there's definitely a tight knit community present there.

Cons

No room to grow. There are certain people on the fast track of career development, others are left stagnant.

Be competitive with other companies by investing in your employees. Better salaries, promotions, paid trainings & conferences. Listen to the key people in the lab on how things need to be accomplished versus corporate. The company is top heavy! The executive team is focused on the biofuels sector of the company versus the specialty enzyme side, they need to more evenly allocate resources.

Great technology and team

I worked at Verenium

Pros

Great people to work with. Fun, stimulating environments. Good science and technology.

Cons

Lots of changes to direction and priorities. Resources tend to be spread pretty thin

There are newer employer reviews for Verenium

Worked for Verenium? Contribute to the Community!