Vericrest Financial

www.vericrestfinancial.com
Unclaimed Profile
There are newer employer reviews for Vericrest Financial

I would NEVER go back there

Former Employee - Loan Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
Former Employee - Loan Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Vericrest Financial

Pros

Pretty easy for anyone to land a job at Vericrest; their standards on who they hire are not the most strict out there.

Cons

They rolled out a new incentive plan to make us work harder but receive larger bonuses. Well turns out that we were doing so good and hit all of our numbers that Vericrest decided they were not going to pay out the bonuses as promised. They waited 4 days before the quarter ended to tell us that our bonuses were being cut in half. Then, there was a large layoff in June 2010. People that had worked there for 20+ years were also part of that group. They changed the severance packet in March 2010 (conveniently before the layoffs) and they capped the weeks paid, so all the people that had worked there for a long time were out of luck. They are outsourcing jobs. They also cut our paid time off days to almost half. Now paid time off is for vacation, holiday and sick leave, so must be used wisely. If you don't want the occurrence, you must know that you are going to get sick the next day and to notify your manager 24 hours in advance that you are going to get sick the next day and cannot make it to work. A doctor’s note doesnt help at all. You get an occurrence even if you have accrued paid time off. You get written up if you clock in 1 minute late, even if the old computer froze and you were there on time. You cannot clock in early or you will get reprimanded since there is a strict 40 hour week rule- I really mean 40.0 hours exactly. I actually had a manager go to my time sheet and deduct time to make it a 40 hour even week (happened several times). Oh and I forgot to say that managers micromanage. They only write up the people that they don’t like and let others slide by. Twice during my stay they made a mistake on our paycheck and withheld our pay. It took them a couple of days to correct and pay us. Of course Vericrest didn’t even apologize or reimburse us the late fees we incurred due to their mistake. This is the only company that I’ve worked for that I would NEVER go back.

Advice to Management

Do a little research on why there is such a high turnover rate in the company. Try treating your employees better so they can stay

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Roller coast of a ride with this company

Former Employee - Manager in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at Vericrest Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Got to work with some very strong people here and learned from them. Some managers do understand the work/life balance and encouraged time off if you were caught up.

Cons

Senior Management changed directions often and by the time it trickled down the pipe, a lot of work had already been done under the previous directive. Comp was good but bonuses could have been better.

Advice to Management

I've heard things have changed so cannot recommend any advice.

2. Not a place or type place I would want to work at again.

Former Employee - Investor Reporting Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Investor Reporting Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Vericrest Financial full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I cannot think of any pros in working for this company other than a paycheck.

Cons

Dead end, everyone was out for themselves, everyone was always wondering if they would have a job the next day.

Advice to Management

Quit