Verifone

www.verifone.com
There are newer employer reviews for Verifone

Verifone is stuck in the past

I worked at Verifone full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Benefits were OK. That's about it.

Cons

They hold on to ancient processes and systems.

Care more about employees and the products you're putting out.

126 Other Employee Reviews for Verifone (View Most Recent)

Company is in transformation mode, very positive direction

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Verifone full-time (less than a year)

Pros

As the company has struggled over the past few years a major transformation started just a couple months ago. There is a much greater focus on new product development, new ways of doing things that is really bringing much of what was out-date in terms of management and process more up to date. There are still challenges, but management has taken on a listening approach that is enabling things to get done faster and more in line with what is good for the employee population. It is an exciting time to be here because there is so much to do..

Cons

Many changes as well as the management style for the past few years have taken their toll on morale. It is an uphill battle to get people pumped about how things are getting better and will keep getting better. Before there was a focus on profits at any cost and that really got people down. Today there is a new attitude from the top down that is much more focused on how a engaged employee population translates into greater productivity and a better, happier company.

Keep going with the new focus areas. Continue to work on better acquisition integration. Never stop listening to the rank and file employees who are the bread and butter of the organization as well as your chief evangelists. Embrace the corporate cultures of other great companies and get some of those fringe benefits in the hands of the people who work the hardest.

helpdesk- customer satisfaction is secondary

I have been working at Verifone full-time

Pros

Decent pay, co-workers are nice

Cons

Old equipment, computers, chairs all need replacements. We're treated like kindergartners, can't go to break, even a bathroom break without permission or a tag at our desk. We have 1 single break tag for a staff of upwards of 30 people.

Any sembelance of a helpdesk meeting where the employees have a forum for input hasn't happened in over 3 years.

Extremely complex troubleshooting that increases on a constant basis with software that never works properly, we always are putting in patches to fix the software, or "sniffers" to help the engineeers find the problems that shouldn't have been out in the field to begin with.

A knowledge base that is not updated properly or routinely by anyone who knows what they're doing, no time for the employees to update it, as we're always expected to be on calls.

Customer satisfaction is no longer the main priority, its meeting all of the statistical numbers. On every call we're expected to fill out case types one two and three, priority code, severity code, follow up code, 5 different case notes fields in 8 different formats (PAPAVACS), ticket number, title in proper format, close the case, put closing case types one and two, fill out a closing statement, then finally close the case. Oh, and we now get 45 entire seconds to complete all of these tasks after our calls, in addition to a new phone system which ALSO requires us to fill out 3 fields each call.

Call quality and resolution has taken a backseat to "looking good for the numbers". Our database of site information is completely and totally inaccurate, but no one is assigned to review and ensure the information is correct. Our new phone system is based upon this inaccurate database as well, ensuring many customers reach the wrong helpdesk each time.

There is another supplemental desk that has basically destroyed any sense of usefulness for the rest of the company. They're clueless, mess things up all the time and then transfer the calls so we have to clean up after them. Management completely gave up on training them.

There needs to be a massive overhaul of the helpdesk environment, top to bottom. I don't mean getting rid of anyone in the office, quite the contrary, there needs to be actual people who update the knowledge base who know petro equipment. It should have information that is brought up when a certain type of caller comes on the phone, so the documentation is right there, not in a search of 50 articles every time.

There needs to be a more visible interaction between the information we add to each case and how those numbers are actually used. What benefit do filling out all of these different things do for us? for the customer?

Staff morale is declining rapidly while stress is increasing. The recent shakeups at the top and the new, horrendous phone system don't help anyone feel good about working there. There are already several long term employees who are actively seeking other offers, so the rest of the helpdesk will be even more backed up with calls.

There are newer employer reviews for Verifone