There are newer employer reviews for Verify (California)

Great job if you want to know the aerospace industry from different perspectives

Current Employee - DQR in Trumbull, CT
Current Employee - DQR in Trumbull, CT

I have been working at Verify (California) full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great communication bettween the contractor (Verify), the customer (Sikorsky), and it's suppliers.
From the computer terminal, you can get access to various customer specifications as well as goverment specs. You get to know the assets and limitations of the supplier (or CQR) and can arbitrate (if possible) any issues that come up on the site

Cons

Too much quibbling over variations in milage and commute times between 2 points. There are always going to be variations in speed, type of driving, and route taken. An example; in the New York metro area, you take the county routes early (before 7 am) and late (after 3 pm) and in between you take the expressway or parkways. I would frequently have to contact payroll in Texas that the traffic on a paticular day required me to take a longer route in order to save time. Often commuting to the same places. Repeatedly.

Advice to Management

Supply the DQR with a texting application or device where he or she can send the odometer readings (to Texas)before leaving and after he or she arrives, before leaving the car. The demands put on the DQR on site make it awkward to remember what the readings are. Verify can even supply a low tech "trip sheet" (simular to what cabbies use) to jot down odometer readings fore and aft a dispatch.

reviews filtered by

Good transitional company

I have been working at Verify (California)

Pros

Great work environment, great people and great location. Work is not insane and is totally doable. Everyone is very nice about teaching you the ropes when you start.

Cons

The pay is average, but there is room for growth and more earnings depending on longevity. It was an office with about 40 employees. So this may be a pro or con depending on your preference.

"You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious" . .Obi Wan Kenobi

I worked at Verify (California) full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very few positive comments about this company. I am tempted to say that it is a good stepping stone for recent college graduates to learn general professional skills. But, honestly, I can say that with a straight face. Any company that asks their employees to create positive company reviews (or take it upon themselves to create ones that are obviously written by their junior college managers) has some serious cultural / leadership issues.

What's frustrating is that Verify has the potential to be a great company. It seems they are satisfied assuming the role of the little company in a niche market. Given new leadership, a healthy injection of cash flow, and a willingness to expand their service offerings beyond finding a $12.00 an hour senior citizen that can perform source inspections one day a month in Wichita Kansas they just might have a shot at climbing off the last rung of the ladder

Cons

Largest collection of mindless, snake oil salesmen I have ever seen working under one roof. Compensation is very low; benefits are terrible, low employee morale, obsolete technology, resistant to improve their failing organizational structure

Advice to Management

My advice to the Fallon clan:
    1. Buy a few sandwich boards
    2. Write: "Struggling company with terrible management for sale” on said boards
    3. Have all mid-senior level managers randomly walk around trade shows, auto auctions, sporting events, swap meets, and area pawn shops searching for potential buyers.
    4. Entertain all offers over $20.00.
    5. Sell company
    6. Begin waiting tables at Denny’s

There are newer employer reviews for Verify (California)