There are newer employer reviews for Verify (California)

Great job if you want to know the aerospace industry from different perspectives

Current Employee - DQR  in  Trumbull, CT
Current Employee - DQR in Trumbull, CT

I have been working at Verify (California) full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great communication bettween the contractor (Verify), the customer (Sikorsky), and it's suppliers.
From the computer terminal, you can get access to various customer specifications as well as goverment specs. You get to know the assets and limitations of the supplier (or CQR) and can arbitrate (if possible) any issues that come up on the site

Cons

Too much quibbling over variations in milage and commute times between 2 points. There are always going to be variations in speed, type of driving, and route taken. An example; in the New York metro area, you take the county routes early (before 7 am) and late (after 3 pm) and in between you take the expressway or parkways. I would frequently have to contact payroll in Texas that the traffic on a paticular day required me to take a longer route in order to save time. Often commuting to the same places. Repeatedly.

Supply the DQR with a texting application or device where he or she can send the odometer readings (to Texas)before leaving and after he or she arrives, before leaving the car. The demands put on the DQR on site make it awkward to remember what the readings are. Verify can even supply a low tech "trip sheet" (simular to what cabbies use) to jot down odometer readings fore and aft a dispatch.

15 Other Employee Reviews for Verify (California) (View Most Recent)

Verify gives tremendous opportunity to new and experienced professionals.

Current Employee - IPT  in  Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - IPT in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Verify (California) full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There are so many companies out there that will bring in college graduates or young professionals with many promises, only to throw those employees to the wolves with little training. Verify is not one of those places. Training is extensive, learning is on-going and mid-to-upper level management is always a phone call (or a short walk) away to offer advice, assistance and recommendations. There seem to be several comments on this site that Verify hires younger professionals, which is true, but what many college graduates have to remember is that in order to build up to larger salary and a strong position in the professional market, you have to gain experience, work hard and build your resume. A big income and a management level position doesn't come overnight and certainly doesn't get handed to anyone.

Cons

Verify seems to have difficulties, as an organization, getting out of their own way. There are so many other opportunities in our business but without current marketing material and current information, tackling those new markets and clients can be difficult. However, the organization brought on an excellent Marketing Director that is beginning to the pave a new approach to outside marketing and internal development.

Keep up with new training materials, continue to build a stronger marketing materials and listen to you the voices of the company. There are a lot of bright, hard-working employees that can help make a big difference in years to come!

Would consider returning - especially if new system is operating and with a different supervisor

Former Employee - Accounting  in  Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Accounting in Irvine, CA

I worked at Verify (California) full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Interesting business model
    -Company seems to be investing in future - services, systems, and people
    -Decent work-life balance, I could leave my job at the office and get out by 6 every night
    -Learned a lot, although much was on my own/figuring things out
    -Many nice people (even some of the complainers are nice, they just make working at Verify tough day in and day out)
    -I liked the top leadership, too - very smart and (some) were very nice

Cons

-Lots of negative influences, although a number of the complaining types seem to have left since my departure
    -Some of my peers (I am on the young side) have not worked at many companies so they brought less experience but a high expectation of what they should be paid, how the company should operate, etc.
    -Repeated restructurings made many nervous
    -Outdated IT systems and having to work in so many disconnected databases made my job tedious and boring at times, although I understand they are finally about to deploy their ERP system.
    -Training was lacking in my department

One bad apple spoils the whole bunch. I suggest leadership move faster to part ways with those who are not pulling their weight or are terribly negative - especially if they are in a supervisor role. My manager was not a good example for me and tough to work for although I understand she is now gone. Consider people who have more experience in other companies so they can compare past and present opportunities. This was one of my first jobs out of college and I did not expect much, but some people thought they should be promoted every year and get big raises even during the recession. Hire for attitude versus just aptitude. I am sad to see all this negativity. Leadership needs to fix it. If so, I might want to come back. I believe in what you are trying to achieve.

There are newer employer reviews for Verify (California)

Worked for Verify (California)? Contribute to the Community!