Great job if you want to know the aerospace industry from different perspectives

Current Employee - DQR  in  Trumbull, CT
Current Employee - DQR in Trumbull, CT

I have been working at Verify (California) full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great communication bettween the contractor (Verify), the customer (Sikorsky), and it's suppliers.
From the computer terminal, you can get access to various customer specifications as well as goverment specs. You get to know the assets and limitations of the supplier (or CQR) and can arbitrate (if possible) any issues that come up on the site

Cons

Too much quibbling over variations in milage and commute times between 2 points. There are always going to be variations in speed, type of driving, and route taken. An example; in the New York metro area, you take the county routes early (before 7 am) and late (after 3 pm) and in between you take the expressway or parkways. I would frequently have to contact payroll in Texas that the traffic on a paticular day required me to take a longer route in order to save time. Often commuting to the same places. Repeatedly.

Supply the DQR with a texting application or device where he or she can send the odometer readings (to Texas)before leaving and after he or she arrives, before leaving the car. The demands put on the DQR on site make it awkward to remember what the readings are. Verify can even supply a low tech "trip sheet" (simular to what cabbies use) to jot down odometer readings fore and aft a dispatch.

Other Reviews for Verify (California)

Would consider returning - especially if new system is operating and with a different supervisor

Former Employee - Accounting  in  Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Accounting in Irvine, CA

I worked at Verify (California) full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Interesting business model
    -Company seems to be investing in future - services, systems, and people
    -Decent work-life balance, I could leave my job at the office and get out by 6 every night
    -Learned a lot, although much was on my own/figuring things out
    -Many nice people (even some of the complainers are nice, they just make working at Verify tough day in and day out)
    -I liked the top leadership, too - very smart and (some) were very nice

Cons

-Lots of negative influences, although a number of the complaining types seem to have left since my departure
    -Some of my peers (I am on the young side) have not worked at many companies so they brought less experience but a high expectation of what they should be paid, how the company should operate, etc.
    -Repeated restructurings made many nervous
    -Outdated IT systems and having to work in so many disconnected databases made my job tedious and boring at times, although I understand they are finally about to deploy their ERP system.
    -Training was lacking in my department

One bad apple spoils the whole bunch. I suggest leadership move faster to part ways with those who are not pulling their weight or are terribly negative - especially if they are in a supervisor role. My manager was not a good example for me and tough to work for although I understand she is now gone. Consider people who have more experience in other companies so they can compare past and present opportunities. This was one of my first jobs out of college and I did not expect much, but some people thought they should be promoted every year and get big raises even during the recession. Hire for attitude versus just aptitude. I am sad to see all this negativity. Leadership needs to fix it. If so, I might want to come back. I believe in what you are trying to achieve.

This is a good company with a bright future. If people are not happy they should definitely move on.

Current Employee - Integrated Program Team  in  Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Integrated Program Team in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Verify (California) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They develop and promote good people. Leaders work really hard...maybe too hard. Lots of learning opportunities with Verify University but too busy to get to take the courses. Nice people to work with. Benefits are much better here than at my other family members employers. Bonus plan has been created (finally!) Work / life balance meets my needs and is getting even better (although this does not appear to be consistent).

Cons

ERP has been a big distraction the past few years. Multiple restructurings has impacted morale. Hoping that once ERP is done the organizational structure will be more consistent. Level of appreciation of employees varies across the organization - inconsistent. Some leaders judge employees by the hours they work versus contribution to the company.

Hurry up and finish ERP project so we can reduce the distractions, get back to our focus and have some time to advance learning and development initiatives. Get rid of toxic people that are not on board with company strategy and values. Create and deploy bonus plans where they need to be (or were promised.)

There are newer employer reviews for Verify (California).

Worked for Verify (California)? Contribute to the Community!