Verio

www.verio.com

Account Executive IV

Account Executive (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsCoworkers were very personable, there was good camaraderie among them. Verio used to be quite a leader in the web hosting industry, had some of the best government and corporate high power companies for clients, and manage huge hosting facilities connected to MAE west; not sure the connectivity on east coast. Not sure of their lead at this time.

ConsTop out of country management gave orders that were not reasonable: hire 20 people this month, cut 10 next month, etc. Middle and low managers would come and go - every 4 months we got new management and there was a lot of turmoil around it.

Sales managers had this idea that clients should be contacted every 3 months, or the rep would lose them. This caused for a lot of scramble and unfair fighting. Why spend a lot of time with a client, only to have them call back for upgrades and get assigned to a new rep who had not made the investment?

There was also too much emphasis on making 60-100 calls a day, which did not lend to quality time with clients, nor to follow up with clients, nor getting any paperwork done. Both strategies were not well managed. Also, when we got a deal, there was very little hoopla and praise. Perhaps its better now in CO.

Corporate layoffs (I experienced 3) were often, and usually cut salaries. For example, layoff someone making $60k, and rehire someone else at $35k a few months later.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook for qualities of character when hiring, not just brag sheet. Consider promoting from within more; they are generally your best people anyhow, not outsiders that do not know the company yet. When I was there, promotion within only happened roughly 20% of the time. A lot of good talent was lost and went away because of that.

It was fun while it lasted.

Customer Service (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

I worked at Verio full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: From 1998-2002 it was great. Stock Option checks. Dot com boom. Was a growing… Cons: Getting laid off in 2002. Advice to Senior Management: The management is all different now. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Fail up

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Verio full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: There is a steady paycheck and decent benefits for someone just starting out, IF you can be a full time employee. … Cons: Nepotism, idiocy and failure are all qualifications for management. … Advice to Senior Management: Learn to listen to your employees and stop trying to cut… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Verio.

Worked for Verio? Contribute to the Community!