There are newer employer reviews for Verisign

VeriSign

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Denver, CO
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Verisign

Pros

Solid, large company that felt like a small company at times. Office autonomy was nice. Not stingy with equipment or donuts.

Cons

Always striving to make a profit. Not clear that certain managers had the competence to do their jobs. But they were "legacied" in, so they were there forever. It's a "tenure" envirornment.

Make some effort to visit and listen to the rank and file at each office. Heck, we didn't even have an HR rep in our office. [Not that that was a bad thing! Just an indication of "we don't really matter."] Do that by actually stopping in the cubicles of random employees, not by listening to the office managers and directors.

198 Other Employee Reviews for Verisign (View Most Recent)

Terrible, Amatuer management. esp. in finance

Former Employee - Executive  in  Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Executive in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Verisign

Pros

Good Pay and time off, and benefits - that's it.

Cons

Slow to change, no direction, and no team meetings from manager. You are on your own in this company... Unprofessional overall but they do pay well.

Go back to business school!

VeriSign stable, great benefits

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Dulles, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

I have been working at Verisign

Pros

stability, excellent benefits, employee stock purchase plan usually ends up being profitable. Good internal communications program. Smart and talented people.

Cons

risk-averse culture, slow to change. management that has been entrenched for years can be very resistant to change and progress.

Offer more ways for "underlings" to provide feedback and be truly heard. A lot of things are done the same way over and over again without regards to progress.

There are newer employer reviews for Verisign

Worked for Verisign? Contribute to the Community!