Verizon

Can you hear me now ...

Current Employee - Supervisor - Network Operations in Hampton, VA
Current Employee - Supervisor - Network Operations in Hampton, VA

I have been working at Verizon

Pros

The FiOS product will revolutionize broadband and the ways and media we are entertained by.
Company does truly embrace diversity.

Cons

Top heavy corporate structure, I am a first level, with 9 bosses up to the CEO ...
Old "phone company" mentality, this dinosaur philosophy will not lead, follow, or get the heck out of it's own way.
Far to many problems with system integration - trying to make new systems work with legacy systems, and systems from bell mergers. Ridiculous the amount of time and money spent on band aids for provisioning systems.
Reduction in force - while its necessary at times, its far too easy to pull that trigger to meet the bottom line.

Get your hands dirty, rock the boat. You want to work smarter, turn over every rock in this company to fix what is broken, eliminate the duplication of effort. Get rid of the status quo if they can't change to meet the demands of emerging markets. Change the corporate culture. It's not enough to send out quarterly updates, a few webcasts and conference calls with catchy phrases or imperatives that look good on paper but amount to little more than lip servce. Get in the trenches and inspire people.

2663 Other Employee Reviews for Verizon (View Most Recent)

Let's Get Verizon Back to Greatness!

Current Employee - Network Operations Specialist in Long Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Network Operations Specialist in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at Verizon

Pros

For me - my work location, my manager and colleagues. We really work as a team and rely on each other. I work hard and my manager and director appreciate my efforts.

Cons

I feel Verizon has lost focus on the customer. With outsourcing jobs and laying off US employees to make the company lean and streamlined, they are not seeing what it is doing to our image as a first class telecommunications company.

Don't bow so much to unions and keep the jobs in the US. Let's keep the money in our economy and not in the Philippines, India and Mexico.

Verizon is good for experience...but not if u have bills >30k

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Rock Hill, SC
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Rock Hill, SC

I have been working at Verizon

Pros

The benefits, It has a very flexible schedule for those who need time off.

Cons

some of the downsides is that as the company gets bigger and the economy gets tighter a lot of things we are used to doing that made us an exceptional company is now making us fit in with the industry norms...Turning down the offer for the i-phone

To pay people according to what they deliver or offer to them team instead of starting everyone off at the same low pay. The person with a college degree should be compensated for the knowledge and diversity they bring to the table. It really makes a lot of employees think of it as a job and not a career

There are newer employer reviews for Verizon