Verizon
www.verizon.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Working for Verizon

Manager (Former Employee)
Irving, TX

ProsCompensation and benefits are good

ConsCan be a dictatorship environment. When asked for your oppinion what is really being asked is to agree with the perspective of Senior Management or legacy Verizon (this is how we have always done it), if not you will be on the fast track out the door.

Advice to Senior ManagementFollow the directives from Senior Management and do not go against time proven ways of how Verizon has done business.
Don't trust anyone, even if they seem like your best friend, especially if they are legacy Verizon. They will often talk bad about a Senior Manager acting as a mole to get your oppinion and relay it back to the Senior Manager. It is best to keep a neutral stance.
All strategic objectives are set with plenty of padding. Senior Management do not miss objectives, there is always a way to adjust the reporting by shifting results from one area to another.

Lots of Work, Being assigned projects already well behind schedule is the NORM

QA Project Manager (Current Employee)
    Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Verizon full-time

Pros: Good group of people. Lots of opportunity to learn new things. Management (at least in my area) is open… Cons: Quick turn-around with many contractors, so contacts are always in flux. Work assignments frequently… Advice to Senior Management: Hire more full time employees. By the time contractors who are… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Exzcitibg, dynamic place to work

Director (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Verizon full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Leading edge technology, next gen strategy, flexible work environment Cons: capped commissions, support challenges sometimes Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Verizon.

Worked for Verizon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Verizon reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Verizon CEO Lowell McAdam. All reviews posted anonymously by Verizon employees.