Musical Chairs

Current Employee - Software Development Manager in Miami, FL
Current Employee - Software Development Manager in Miami, FL

I have been working at Verizon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great health and retirement benefits.

Cons

Clueless mid and top level management, high turnover at key management positions, lack of vision/mission.

Advice to Management

Make your vision something that will inspire your employees to over achieve

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Good but not great

Current Employee - Dispatch Clerk in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Dispatch Clerk in Irving, TX

I have been working at Verizon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, good people that get the job done

Cons

Poor decision makers in high end jobs

Advice to Management

Not much advance other than people who are "favorited"

Verizons only concern is the bottom line.

Current Employee - Technician in Silver Spring, MD
    Current Employee - Technician in Silver Spring, MD

I have been working at Verizon full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

benefits great (if we keep them) Salaries(paid OT, union) (bonuses, mgmt) PTO. Investments in new technology

Cons

Company focus on production, poor customer service, layoffs & benefit cuts during times of success. CEO/Corporate Greed.

Advice to Management

If you are there to manage work load, DO IT. A lot can be controlled at the local level but it requires effective management. Why make promises you can't keep, it will result in customer dis-satisfaction. Someone has to stand up to the upper management and tell them when enough is enough. Just saying YES BOSS results in unreasonable expectations for everyone. You can't keep playing the numbers game because eventually your going to burn out the workforce. If speaking up has you afraid of losing your job, just let some things flow back up hill to the TOP so they can adjust their unreasonable expectations. It not all about YOUR bonus, they will just keep moving the bar up. To the executives, the drive for the bottom line is fueled by corporate greed. Moral is LOW, Management and Union. I mean honestly, how much money do you need to make. This is a successful company and mainly due to employees. Re-train existing employees working in YOUR outdated technologies and allow them to move to support newer technology. Don't make employees feel devalued because they are stuck maintaining outdated technology YOU have abandoned. Customers still on outdated networks should be serviced and not forgotten. Remember, these are the loyal customer we have had for years that allowed us to grow and invest in new technology. Retrain and backfill positions where needed after buy-outs. There should be no needs for cuts to benefits anywhere with the success this company has, especially to those risking their lives working in the crumbling infastructure. Stop pitting Verizon wireline against wireless employees. If you treat the wireless employees right, they won't ask for a union. Unite the company, remember, our customers don't know the difference. Reward your employees with continued good salaries and benefits to support a strong middle class. If you need to cut, continue to do it by attrition. Reduce benefits to new hires if you wish, not employees who have given you years of service. If our company was not profitable, then we would gladly take cuts. Rather than make your employees feel expendable, make them feel valued. And finally, YOU MUST go back to making customer service a priority, with so much focus on production, customers are suffering. There is too much competition out there now to fake customer service. You will lose in the end.