There are newer employer reviews for Verizon

Verizon is a great place to work.

Current Employee - Client Partner in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Client Partner in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Verizon full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Verizon provides me an opportunity to dynamically apply my experience and knowledge with our global enterprise clients. Large organization with great resources and solutions to fulfill out clients requirements.

Cons

Verizon is large a corporation that at times takes patients to get tasks completed.

Settle the internal organizations now that will allow the company to progress positively for the remainder of 2012.

2416 Other Employee Reviews for Verizon (View Most Recent)

great experience! love what I do

Current Employee - Analyst in Basking Ridge, NJ
    Current Employee - Analyst in Basking Ridge, NJ

I have been working at Verizon full-time (more than an year)

Pros

smart people
    manager open to ideas

Cons

little too traditional and uptight sometimes

Awesome place to work

Current Employee - Manager QA in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Manager QA in Irving, TX

I have been working at Verizon full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible work hours, Great compensation, stability and never have to tell what your company does :) Awesome place to work. Over all good people to work with. If you are positive person, you will always look forward to coming to work.

Cons

Verizon is being a very large organization has all the cons that naturally exist in humongous organizations. That doesn't mean its a bad place to work, just you have to face different kind of challenges. Growth opportunities are limited and you have to face very tough competition if you plan grow above Manager position. Director position is greatly scrutinized and you have to be either extremely lucky (get aligned by chance to vacating position) or be able to fly without wings to get a new one created for you.

Offshore org structure needs to be changed. It's unnatural and will never work. Offshore resources need to report to accountable onsite managers. Current org structure has created parallel, competing and counter productive organizations.

There are newer employer reviews for Verizon