Verizon
3.1 of 5 2,207 reviews
www.verizon.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Very hostile and unethical work environment in IT

IT Manager (Former Employee)
Irving, TX

ProsBeautiful facilities, state of the art technology, excellent internal employee web sites, great benefits.

ConsVerizon's IT organization will not hire any Americans in either a contract position or employee position. I was an IT manager and no first hand how discriminating the company is in the IT area. Every contractor comes in from one of the highly controversial vendor companies, Infosys, and all of them require H1B visas. All the director level and above management are Indians. They openly mistreat women and any one who is not of a certain sect.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook seriously into what is going on in IT. Their unethical behavior is costing you money and increasing your expense ratio.

You better love Telecommunictions

Telephone Account Manager (Former Employee)
    Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Verizon full-time for more than a year

Pros: Big company. You have the ability to move around when they close down your office… Cons: Big company. Ant on an ant hill. Lots of passing the buck. Only a… Advice to Senior Management: Wow...really? They didn't listen when I worked there...I'll save… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Suppor (billing provisioning)t takes no ownership of customer situations

Inside Sales (Former Employee)
    Exton, PA

I worked at Verizon full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Good work environment, lower level management helpful! Benefits are good but… Cons: Nobody cares about the end user making upgrades and new sales difficult. Verizon constantly shoots itself in the foot with Its horrible… Advice to Senior Management: Start rating people on their actions More
There are newer reviews on Verizon.

Worked for Verizon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Verizon reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Verizon CEO Lowell McAdam. All reviews posted anonymously by Verizon employees.