Verizon

www.verizon.com

Stay away from call center employment

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)

ProsVerizon offers some of the best benefits in the private sector. Matching 401K, as well as a pension,tuition assistance, good health and dental benefits, above average salaries given to workers whose education is no more than a GED.

ConsThe biggest downside to working for Verizon in a call center is the stress placed on the front line worker. Technology has been both a blessing and a curse for the front line worker. Verizon is no longer just a telephone company it has morphed into an entertainment behemoth. Which places great pressure on the front line worker to become more sales and less customer service driven.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should enlist the advice of the front line worker to find win win ways to make the call center environment less antagonistic between worker and coach.

Lucky to have spent time there when I did

I have been working at Verizon

Pros: Leading competitor in field; opportunity for variety and advancement Cons: Trying to hard to convert to wireless business model; also… Advice to Senior Management: Not effective to provide advice; already certain they are on… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

The good, the bad and the ugly

Lead Consulting Engineer (Current Employee) Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I have been working at Verizon full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Flexible environment. Own ideas can be used in the day… Cons: local management does not follow corporate direction. Career opportunities and bonus is more depending on "self marketing" and "friends" then actual performance. Lack of structure. Although there… Advice to Senior Management: Develop realistic goals (already happening) and make sure all management… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Verizon.

Worked for Verizon? Contribute to the Community!