There are newer employer reviews for Verizon

A great company with one draw back

Current Employee - Implementation Engineer in Irving, TX
Current Employee - Implementation Engineer in Irving, TX

I have been working at Verizon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, and an easy job to do with very little presure

Cons

To many meetings and as far a technical specifics of a job it is a 1x7 which means 1 our of technical work and 7 hours of meeting. That is wht the job bowls do too. Also a lot of little procedures that have to be followed. So once was a very nible and adaptable job is now no more

Advice to Management

listen to the technical people and stop selling stuff that was not meant to be sold. Also have to get the product teams to be open and move faster to bring products to our catelog

Other Employee Reviews for Verizon

1. Print Services in Durham, NC

Current Employee - Production in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Production in Durham, NC

I have been working at Verizon full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Until the department was shut down it was a great place to work, the staff was knowledgeable and skilled, the management always did their best to keep the work and environment interesting and varied.

Cons

Internal corporate politics that had to be dealt with every year. Lack of knowledge internally as to how best to utilize the department staff to help the company bottom line.

Advice to Management

Look at the big picture rather than upper level bonuses before eliminating whole departments.

Apathetic company

Former Contractor - Contingent Worker
    Former Contractor - Contingent Worker

I worked at Verizon as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

There were a number of very good people in middle management who made the work more enjoyable.

Cons

Bureaucracy and red tape are rampant, with a large emphasis on saving money even when it is ill-advised or even irrelevant: For example, they would not provide basic office supplies, requiring me to buy them out of my own paychecks. They also would not provide training specific to the work being done, requiring me to do extensive research and double work to learn the ropes. As a result of this corporate attitude, there was little loyalty evident among the employees I encountered, both on my team and in other departments.

Advice to Management

Your employees are people, not "resources". Make an effort to empower them and they will give you loyalty and workmanship in return.