There are newer employer reviews for Verizon

So much Potential to be better

Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Verizon full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great Salary and Benefits. Paid education

Cons

Internal politics runs the company. All upper management cares about is WOWing the executives with fake numbers. Employees don't matter!! No employee development, even after you have obtained a Master degree they paid for.

Use human resources for promotions not the manager of the department. To many favors!!!

reviews filtered by
  1. Disconnects

Current Employee - Account Executive in Piscataway, NJ
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Piscataway, NJ

I have been working at Verizon full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

exciting times in technology, great portfolio of solutions and services to sell, direction feels right from the top, platform approach, simplification, customer experience focus, six sigma introduction.

Cons

....somewhere between the vision from the top of the mountain.... down to the soldiers that are ready, willing and anxious to go forth and execute....there is a giant clog in the pipe. Very difficult to get things done, there is no "culture"....morale is horrible. Organization feels like it lacks alignment in order to achieve the established goals. Multiple internal groups with competing agendas.

The direction we are heading is exciting, there needs to be more focus and visibility on following the communication and the tool sets from the top of the mountain, down to the soldiers and back to the top again. Cut out the political/ internal barriers that waste time and take energy away that could be spent better focused on customer experience.

2. Overall, I loved working @ Verizon

Former Employee - Manager in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at Verizon full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Lots of.opportunity to move within the company. They promote from within. Lots of training & education.

Cons

I was a 33 year employee when they outsourced our jobs to Manila &.laid us all off. But the asked us to go there &.train them first.

There are newer employer reviews for Verizon