There are newer employer reviews for Verizon

MCI_Worldcom running Verizon

Current Employee - Technician in Cleveland, OH
Current Employee - Technician in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Verizon full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay and health benefits.

Cons

No support. Procedure outweighs results. Bill for everthing. Whenever contacting for employee support, get run around, basically not my job answer. Company arbitrarily changes processes bringing payroll and health benefits to a halt without notifying impacted employees. Company also uses defective data when evaluating performance. The system for work orders is broken, when work has been completed the system doesn't always close work order. The person has performed the work and closed but the system shows open. A real mess!

Trust your people, they know their jobs. Stop trying to fix what is not broke. We already know what you did at MCI. It won't work here either.

reviews filtered by
  1. Overall, I loved working @ Verizon

Former Employee - Manager in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at Verizon full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Lots of.opportunity to move within the company. They promote from within. Lots of training & education.

Cons

I was a 33 year employee when they outsourced our jobs to Manila &.laid us all off. But the asked us to go there &.train them first.

2. Disconnects

Current Employee - Account Executive in Piscataway, NJ
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Piscataway, NJ

I have been working at Verizon full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

exciting times in technology, great portfolio of solutions and services to sell, direction feels right from the top, platform approach, simplification, customer experience focus, six sigma introduction.

Cons

....somewhere between the vision from the top of the mountain.... down to the soldiers that are ready, willing and anxious to go forth and execute....there is a giant clog in the pipe. Very difficult to get things done, there is no "culture"....morale is horrible. Organization feels like it lacks alignment in order to achieve the established goals. Multiple internal groups with competing agendas.

The direction we are heading is exciting, there needs to be more focus and visibility on following the communication and the tool sets from the top of the mountain, down to the soldiers and back to the top again. Cut out the political/ internal barriers that waste time and take energy away that could be spent better focused on customer experience.

There are newer employer reviews for Verizon