Verizon

There are newer employer reviews for Verizon

Great coworkers and experience

Former Employee - Specialist Engineer - Network Engineer in Hilliard, OH
Former Employee - Specialist Engineer - Network Engineer in Hilliard, OH

I worked at Verizon full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

My coworkers and my direct management were always great people with whom to work. For being in a tier 1/2 implementation environment, I was still exposed to a wide variety of solutions and technologies, so it's a great spot on my resume at this point.

Cons

The corporate culture was in a constant state of flux. Having been part of the company when it was still Worldcom and going through the scandals involved there, it was always varying degrees of stressful in terms of one's job status - whether or not the layoff axe was going to fall on our department at any given time.

2809 Other Employee Reviews for Verizon (View Most Recent)

Not a Sales Organization

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Ashburn, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Ashburn, VA

I have been working at Verizon full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great brand recognition, solid benefits.

Cons

Horrible bureaucracy. Too many people that can kill a deal, even after you've won the contract! You will never understand how your sales retire quota. If you exceed your quota you are always at risk for a quota increase (each year I had a chance to exceed 100% I've had increases).. If you don't exceed your quota you are threatened (constantly) with termination. Worst sales kick offs I've ever seen - seriously bizarre, each annual kick off features some big demotivating announcement, usually related to layoffs in sales. Pressure to sell big complicated deals, but even more pressure to meet monthly quotas. Hint: survive by selling circuits. It goes on and on. Endless frustration. That said, if you are considering working here make sure your manager declares that he will fight for you. It's the only way you will get paid or even stay employed.

Come clean with us: Your objective is to cut and contain cost. It's good for the stock price (which employees don't benefit from), but bad for just about everybody else.

Challenging, Stressful

Current Contractor - Senior Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Contractor - Senior Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Verizon as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Challenging, Different Groups to deal with, Opportunity to learn new stuff

Cons

Stressful, Dealing with different system across would be hard, Work Life Balance is big stress

There are newer employer reviews for Verizon