There are newer employer reviews for Verizon

Verizon alpharetta

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Alpharetta, GA
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Verizon as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Nice parking, laid back teams

Cons

low pay for contractors, no processes, no documentation, projects are worked as they come with no forward planning

None of my business, i am a contractor

2419 Other Employee Reviews for Verizon (View Most Recent)

overall,my experience was mostly positive.

Former Employee - Local Manager
    Former Employee - Local Manager

I worked at Verizon full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

As an associate ,the benefits were excellent ,the pay was decent and the ability to increase weekly pay with overtime was often available

Cons

There was growing and constant pressure from management with the objectives and focus changing often from customer service ,to productivity and back and forth. The company would often have a different set of adgendas for different groups of people. The was a growing level of favoritism displayed.

Develop better ways and processes in dealing with the non management workforce and not try to rule so harshly with iron fists...There are very high levels of unhappiness and counterproductive behaviors in the work place due to the way management deals with the workers.

Excellent place to learn HP ALM Quality Center and Telecom Products

Former Employee - Quality Assurance Project Manager in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance Project Manager in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Verizon as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

I got a real workout on HP ALM Quality Center and Telecom Product order flow when I was contracted by Infinite Computer Solutions to Verizon Business in Colorado Sprngs, CO. This included entering Requirements, Test Cases and Defects and performing of the proper linking of items in QC. There was lots of training on Telecom Product ordering process flow and HP ALM QC.

Cons

The hourly rate for the contract was on the low side and there was no free coffee.

Offering free coffee to your employees might boost morale and productivity slightly.

There are newer employer reviews for Verizon