Verizon
3.1 of 5 2,042 reviews
www.verizon.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

2042 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

Telecommunications Sales Consultant

Sales Consultant (Current Employee)
Tampa, FL

I have been working at Verizon full-time for more than a year

ProsA huge company with opportunities nationwide and overseas. They have fantastic benefits and employee perks. In sales you have an opportunity to make money and be on the cutting edge of technology. Union protection.

ConsManagement is not always the best.You can move up but in some cases it will take time. Some long time employees do not want to give up their position. This company is about the bottom line and its shareholders. Sometimes giving unrealistic quotas to meet. Too much like big brother.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep track of your employees and see where they are good at. Give them opportunities to shine elsewhere if that is where their talent is. Give employees a chance to move around and network and build business outside of work.

Manager - Logistics Services

Manager (Former Employee)
Pomona, CA

I worked at Verizon full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Great learning experience in various departments providing Logistics as a whole, … Cons: Long hours in an effort to meet or exceed monthly performance/objective measurements. Local manager not aware of actual… Advice to Senior Management: Second and third line management should understand the actual service being performed by their direct report and their craft employees'. Effective and open communication… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Regional Sales Manager

Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee)
Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Verizon full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Excellent company to work for because of freedom to do… Cons: Frquent moves as you move up the ladder Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Verizon.

Worked for Verizon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Verizon reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Verizon CEO Lowell McAdam. All reviews posted anonymously by Verizon employees.