Verizon
3.1 of 5 2,207 reviews
www.verizon.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

The Company You Work at for a Lifetime

Senior Staff Consultant (Current Employee)
Irving, TX

ProsAmazing opportunity to move around, move up, and truly manage your own career. This is a company that is really in the midst of transformation; things are changing for the better and if you are willing to jump in and roll up your sleeves, there's really no end to what you can achieve.

ConsPretty much the normal large corporation issues... Pettiness from poor managers, bureaucracy, etc. but this is what you find anywhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep shooting for iconic tech company status. Things are starting to improve in really amazing ways. I came to work for VZ because of our foundation of ethics and integrity, ad that has ever faltered fora a second.

Great Company to Work For!

Central Office Technician (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

I worked at Verizon full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: The benefits are great... I had full healthcare & tuition paid for. The pay was very good. Overall it was a great company to work… Cons: I wasn't able to transfer when I relocated to another state. Verizon wasn't available in the area… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Solid workplace with opportunities for growth

Identity Security Engineer (Current Employee)
    Ashburn, VA

I have been working at Verizon full-time for more than a year

Pros: Verizon is almost invariably willing to work with you to help you balance… Cons: When it comes to equipment and access, the answer seems to be one size fits all, even when that makes no sense. IT-related positions especially… Advice to Senior Management: Ask your teams what they need to do their jobs. If… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Verizon.

Worked for Verizon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Verizon reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Verizon CEO Lowell McAdam. All reviews posted anonymously by Verizon employees.