Verizon
3.1 of 5 2,207 reviews
www.verizon.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

A very solid start to a career in the Telecom field.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
Bronx, NY

ProsBack in the Internet boom era of the late 1990's, this company was one of the principal players in hiring and training people from many different backgrounds that were willing to work in the Telecommunications field. In the Customer Service area, they excelled in call center management, teamwork, motivation of employees and ongoing training and development of the workforce. Very interesting incentives for top performers were a norm. Good overall benefits and perks.

ConsSome conflicts between management and Union leaders proved a little negative for the work environment. The daily challenges of the job were increased by certain pressure to achieve the "numbers" or sales quota. Constant monitoring by several supervisors in different departments helped augment the stress level.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the positive aspects like incentives and team building. Keep promoting cultural diversity and inclusion of the minorities in all departments and levels of management.

Diverse, Life / Work Balance, Wide Opportunity Career Growth

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Irving, TX

I have been working at Verizon full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Diverse, Life / Work Balance, Wide Opportunity Career Growth Cons: Stuck to Telecom. No other issue. Advice to Senior Management: None (As we moved from being a Telecom to Technology… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Rewarding, Educational, a true growth experience

Analytical Assistant (Former Employee)
    Everett, WA

I worked at Verizon full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Great benefits, ability to learn new skills Cons: Corporate Environment, could be a little more personal Advice to Senior Management: Talk to employees more and have team meetings Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Verizon.

Worked for Verizon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Verizon reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Verizon CEO Lowell McAdam. All reviews posted anonymously by Verizon employees.