Growth opportunity

Current Employee - Program Manager in Basking Ridge, NJ
Current Employee - Program Manager in Basking Ridge, NJ

I have been working at Verizon full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Working at Verizon has afforded me tremendous experience, professional growth and educational opportunity.

Cons

Work life balance can be difficult to achieve because one works hard often .

Advice to Management

Spend more time identifying and rewarding those who are truly driving change who are behind the scenes and not out in the forefront with the position of power or title.

reviews filtered by
  1. Verizon DMTS

Current Employee - Distinguished Member of Technical Staff in Basking Ridge, NJ
    Current Employee - Distinguished Member of Technical Staff in Basking Ridge, NJ

I have been working at Verizon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work! Highly recommend working for Verizon.

Cons

None, all around top notch company.

2. No more Customer Service--- ONLY SELL SELL SELL & When you can't sell it, just ADD it.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Scranton, PA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Scranton, PA

I worked at Verizon full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

* Salary- over 65,000. per year (hard earned & seems like not enough for what you are expected to do)
    * Benefits- Outstanding

Cons

The goals of this company have changed "drastically" over the years, for the worse.
    I've worked over 20 yrs, & it really was an amazing company before they changed from Bell Atlantic to Verizon. It was only a name change, to get away from just POTS (plain old telephone service). And into the future of FIOS, DSL, Long Distance, Wireess, Tv, VIOP, etc. But it wasn't just a name change, it was profit driven, not a bad thing, right? WRONG !!!
    Customer Care & satifaction to become Outstatnding was literally removed from the equasion. The work that we (the union) had done to keep our very loyal customers was done in vain, & lost almost immedietly after the our company named was forever tossed to the wind.
    Okay, sorry, this got long.
    If you have no heart, no compassion & can out right lie to the end customer, then the words I type mean nothing to you.
    Reps add services to customers accounts & never held accountible whenthey call back in screaming that they never ordered the service.
    Management, allow this, I swear. They will not admit to it, but for every sale you add to an account that is money in their pocket.
    For years, we (the union) have reported favoritism with directing certain calls to certain "High Selling" (<-- means: Unethical) reps. The company had denied this for years, then not too long ago admitted so.
    So therefore customers who pushed the correct promts (keys on their phone) wanting to add a service were directed to the laps of the Unethical's. The customer not likely knowing exactly what is being added to their account, nor given full explaination of the charges they were about to incur. (FYI it's about 30-35 dollars in Misc fee's that are not disclosed nor per management, "have" to be disclosed)
    So the customer goes on their merry little way thinking they got the deal of a lifetime, til they get they bill the next month... AND REMEMBER... the calls are guided according to the promts they push, so you know the Unethical reps aren't going to be having to answer to their "misunderstanding" to put it lightly. And never will they be held accountable. But you will, the one that can't keep the service on their account, therfore "losing" a sale.
    It would have been great to be able to tell the customer, "Hold on, let me transfer you back over to the rep you spoke to last month to explain your mysterious bill... one moment please".

Advice to Management

I really do not think management (I mean upper,upper management) realizes what is really going on in the CSSR offices. Because how could one who truly feels like the company is yours (like I used to feel like it was "mine" even when I was just a peon) allow these marvelous, loyal customers of ours. that we have taken so much pride in keeping them satisfied all these years, to be taken a fool, misled & treated with no more respect than a stranger in the alley.
    If you are not treating the customers with the utmost respect & dignity, there are plenty of competitors whom will. Please stop allowing this to continue, the sales & service offices (reps) are your bread & butter, realize this, and stop the maddness !! :p