Verizon

www.verizon.com

Huge Corporation + regulated utility = huge legacy issues

Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsVerizon is a leader in the industry and you can learn a lot here. There are a lot of good people and smart engineers that are trying to do what's right for the customer. If you can get past the legacy Telecom issues there are a lot of great solutions that Verizon provides.

ConsTo most we are just the phone company, and who likes the phone company. There is too much internal complexity which leads to lackluster implementation on 75% or more of it's products. The support and billing departments lack the expertise to help sales figure things out in many cases. The portfolio is too broad and there isn't enough support to actually sell everything we say can deliver.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in customer support, billing support, and delivery. Consolidate sales forces as quickly as possible after the Vodafone merger and use the savings to improve customer experience and be more competitive with market pricing. Fix revenue baselines so sales will be properly incented to sell.

Good benefits but company is lacking direction

Systems Analyst (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

I worked at Verizon full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Good incentive pay and salary. The company has a great recruiting system for college students and provide a really… Cons: Jobs require a lot of hours and not enough recognition. The company is cleaning house with all senior employees and… Advice to Senior Management: Management needs to figure out a middle ground where they keep some of… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good Company but not good for long term

Senior Analyst/Project Manager (Current Employee) Ashburn, VA

I have been working at Verizon full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Verizon is on the top of the food chain in its line of business. Which… Cons: Company is over concerned about profits thus outsources anything they… Advice to Senior Management: Show a little more loyalty to your US based employees… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Verizon.

Worked for Verizon? Contribute to the Community!