Verizon

www.verizon.com

Friends & Family & Sinecures

Finance Manager (Current Employee) Basking Ridge, NJ

ProsPay and benefits are pretty decent, and they have a decent tuition reimbursement policy. Unfortunately, a decent benefits package is all there is to say about Verizon now.

ConsVerizon's Finance Department is not a healthy environment to work for straight, white, males of European descent. Nor is it a mentally healthy environment for Asian women who do not wish to be compelled into 'traditionally subservient' roles. Verizon is no longer a company where one can makes a career, but is more the place where you build up a little experience and move on.

Advice to Senior ManagementVerizon Management might want to at least try and make it appear that they are trying to live by the Chairman's 'code'. Someone should review some of the more 'interesting' promotions, transfers of people within the Finance Department, where "what you know" is trumped by who you know, and how often you hang out in the gym.

unhappy

Multimedia Services Tech (Former Employee)

I worked at Verizon full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: good benefits and pay met my wife Cons: no job security was laid of no adequate notice Advice to Senior Management: hire vcs back More

Hectic and frustrating - keep wanting to do more with less and less.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Verizon full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Good benefits. Some mid-level managers really care about the people.… Cons: Upper management out of touch with lower levels of employees and with the capabilities… Advice to Senior Management: Start talking, and LISTENING, to engineers, project management. Don't be… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Verizon.

Worked for Verizon? Contribute to the Community!