There are newer employer reviews for Verizon

VSMS

I worked at Verizon

Pros

Well-qualified team, but redundant. This is just how bad project management works. The plus: they keep extending contracts because they have lots of money.

Cons

Oh - they isolated the teams. now IBM is there along with Delotte. The functional team is imprisioned because of the business partners.

They'll "copycat" but they are dysfunctional.

2360 Other Employee Reviews for Verizon (View Most Recent)

Wonderful

Former Employee - Local Manager  in  Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Local Manager in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at Verizon full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I enjoyed my work. I was good at what I did and thrived on keeping the customer satisfied

Cons

For some reason, they changed their position on promotions. And we had upper management that manged numbers and had no idea what our job functions were.

Keep your talent and look hard at the managers they are just skating.

Gifted, Dedicated Employees Are Not Often Recognized

Former Employee - Customer Service  in  Silver Spring, MD
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Silver Spring, MD

I worked at Verizon full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Verizon offers wonderful fringe benefits and has great programs set-up for employees.

Cons

Verizon management shows a total lack of investment in employee development and training. Although programs are set-up, associates are too stressed to utilize them.

Verizon's top management should adopt the undercover boss theory to get a true feel for the unnecessary stress that associates face dealing with lower management personnel, who offers no sense of leadership due to working in fear of the next management RIF. Hopefully, one day, Verizon will recognized how valuable the hard-working, front-line employees have been and truly are to the company as a whole.

There are newer employer reviews for Verizon

Worked for Verizon? Contribute to the Community!