Verizon

Outside looking in

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in New York, NY
Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Verizon

Pros

If you want telco its a big player and its always changing

Cons

No real synergy within the company employee base. Verizon hemorages money daily and just keeps applying bandaids to big wounds. No communications between tier managment.

Tighten up the reporting process and better understand where your loosing money in your hard line business. The marn may have to be cut off before it infects the whole body. (stop dumping money into usless technologies for a business thats fading like the land line business)

2662 Other Employee Reviews for Verizon (View Most Recent)

High commission job.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

I worked at Verizon

Pros

Commissions can be great, given your level of dedication.

Cons

Can run into dry spells depending on location of store and the economy

My experience with customers suggests that there should be a more direct way to communicate
    bad customer service issues with the corporate reps. Many problems with "dismissive" new clerks at
    "franchise" stores.

Great Learning Opportunity, Low Pay

Current Employee - QA PM in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - QA PM in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Verizon

Pros

I needed to gain the technical side of project management and took a position as Quality Assurance End to End Test PM. I have learned more about the technical than I knew existed. Great teams and very good processes for adequate requirements testing. Streamlined and automated communication processes keep Verizon paperwork light compared to IBM.

Cons

Contractors are restricted by the 4160 rule, meaning you can only owrk your contract for a maximum of approximately 2 years, then you are let go. Pay is very very low comparatively and I would not have taken the job if I had not needed to fill out my business heavy resume with technical expertise. No conract to hire.

Stop the 4160 rule, relaxtcontract to hire regulations, and pay your contractors what they are worth. Privide more WFH opportunities. Happy employess mean productive employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Verizon