Aggravating

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dublin, OH
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dublin, OH

I worked at Verizon full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits and very good pay. Lots of good people.

Cons

They tell you that you are empowered to make decisions but then criticize your decisions. They do change objectives and the way you work almost constantly, which aggravates. It seems as if they are making company policy changes as they go and/or on the 'fly'. They tell you to read and learn company policy between calls, which there never is. They micro-manage you about going to the restroom. Last time I checked I was an adult and I'll go when I need to. I have literally seen reps 'wet' themselves for fear of going to the bathroom. The one thing I learned most about working at Verizon is that anything you say can and will be used against you. They have a tendency to throw your answers, your responses to their questions, back in your face as if you are always wrong. Education not considered important for advancement, only experience. Lots of P.C. speak. Reps were told to transfer calls to other reps when a customer wanted to speak to a supervisor.

Advice to Management

Let your people do their jobs without constantly changing the way you do business. It gets aggravating having to adjust or change at a moment's notice. Also, I understood that the needs of the business needs to taken care of but it is always the customer's who come first, not the investors.

Other Employee Reviews for Verizon

1. A great position to make over $50,000 per year but be prepared for the high stress and pressure to sale.

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Madison, NJ
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Madison, NJ

I have been working at Verizon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

tuition reimbursement, salary, commission, sale prizes, health benefits, stock plans, 401k plan

Cons

high pressure sales goals, unprofessional supervisors and co-workers,

Advice to Management

Verizon needs more of a work-life balance due to the high stress environment and the supervisors need leadership training to become professional effective leaders.

VDMS

Former Employee - Industry Architect in Basking Ridge, NJ
    Former Employee - Industry Architect in Basking Ridge, NJ

I worked at Verizon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The original vision was compelling.. Good benefits

Cons

Unable to execute on the vision. Arrogant management

Advice to Management

Reshuffle the deck and bring in true leaders not Deloitte Consultants