Verizon

Why I Left Verizon Wireless

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, PA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, PA

I have been working at Verizon

Pros

The best reasons would be the industry itself, the cell phone industry is on the up and up, everyone wants one and the the amount of things we can do with cell phones now is far more than what we had to offer even 5 years ago. We can buy and sell, handle all of our office duties and watch TV on cell phones now. It is amazing how much the industry has grown and how much more it can grow.

Cons

Like many sales jobs, once you get really good at it, they dont want you to move on, especially in retail. I have found it harder for me to advance because I have done so well in my company.

Think about the customers first and foremost.

2494 Other Employee Reviews for Verizon (View Most Recent)

Verizon Wireless Retail: A stepping stone to a great career.

Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Waynesville, NC
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Waynesville, NC

I have been working at Verizon

Pros

Compensation in hourly wage and salary for competent employees is near the very top in retail sales in the US. Benefits package is standard yet very employee-friendly in that retirement deductions are company-matched up to 6% total salary. Health benefits are also standard but through PPO, not HMO.

Cons

Schedule regularity varies dramatically. Although retail hours in my region are 8am-9pm most of the time, you may close one day, then open the next. If good biorhythm is a factor in your deciding where to work, Verizon Wireless retail may not be for you.

In my case and specific to my location, more advanced notice of scheduling. Our completed next-month's schedules are supposed to be available by mid-month. This rarely happens and it can be irritating at times.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Basking Ridge, NJ
    Current Employee - Network Engineer in Basking Ridge, NJ

I have been working at Verizon

Pros

Theres a lot of exposure to new technology, especially with FiOS. Its pretty cool to be part of an "old telephone company" and still be an innovater entering new markets. Everyone I work with is really hardworking, dedicated and driven. Theres no cut throat attitude.. Also being fairly new, theres a lot of support for development. I have several mentors and have already attended a fair share of conferences and meetings requiring travel. I am also proud of the fact that with all the competition going on for reaching new markets and selling products, we haven't stooped to mud slinging. It reinforces my faith in our product.

Cons

Verizon Telecom is a large corporation and as with any large companies, there are some pros and cons. I haven't experienced it much, but with all the mergers between the different telephone companies (GTE, fBA, etc), there are a lot of systems and processes in IT that aren't necessarily efficient. That is the only complaint I have heard of.

Keep up the great work!