There are newer employer reviews for Verizon

Why I Left Verizon Wireless

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, PA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, PA

I have been working at Verizon

Pros

The best reasons would be the industry itself, the cell phone industry is on the up and up, everyone wants one and the the amount of things we can do with cell phones now is far more than what we had to offer even 5 years ago. We can buy and sell, handle all of our office duties and watch TV on cell phones now. It is amazing how much the industry has grown and how much more it can grow.

Cons

Like many sales jobs, once you get really good at it, they dont want you to move on, especially in retail. I have found it harder for me to advance because I have done so well in my company.

Think about the customers first and foremost.

2403 Other Employee Reviews for Verizon (View Most Recent)

Make Changes Or Youl Lose Good People

Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Verizon

Pros

Verizon Wireless is a Technology Company that changes daily so its not borring. It has good pay and Hires the best of the best. They take care of the customers more so then any other company I have worked for.

Cons

Verizon has changed some policys that were good for me and other reps such as the cfommision stucture. Its harder to understand now. in addition its not being payed correctly. I think another bad change was the fact that they are only pushing us to make calls more then anything else and making the calls is not working to do what they want. The marketing Dep should be bringing in more customers not us. I have been through 4 managers in 2 years they need to keep a structered managment team and also promote there good employees such as me. I have not been promoted and I dont think its easy to move in this company and there hiring process is very chaotic.

They need to learn how to communicate within the management team and how to coach each employee indiviully.

Entertainment company? Not really.

Current Employee - Editor in Ashburn, VA
    Current Employee - Editor in Ashburn, VA

I have been working at Verizon

Pros

Better paying than comparable journalism jobs. There's the potential for a large amount of traffic just based on the subscriber base.

Cons

Contractors are prevalent, yet treated as second-class citizens. Depending on the facility, contractors may be denied access to basic services that others can use, such as a mailbox, showers, etc. Jobwise, this is a phone company trying to be a media or entertainment company, and it is failing utterly. If you're coming here to work for Wireless you're in good shape. Otherwise, don't expect to get any funding or for your projects to be competently programmed. It's hard to be in this position for this company where they don't respect contractors, don't respect content, don't fund content and don't fix things that are broken.

If you want to be an entertainment company, you have to be prepared to make some long-term decisions and not punt on something that doesn't turn a profit on Day One.

There are newer employer reviews for Verizon