There are newer employer reviews for Verizon

Great place to start a career

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Sales Representative in Denver, CO

I have been working at Verizon

Pros

Verizon is a great company to work for. They offer lots of benefits, as well as great opportunities for advancement.

Cons

Sometimes they move you locations without a lot of notice, and expect you to just go along with it without any complaints.

There is a big disconnect between in store and over the phone support, and it causes a lot of escalations with customers.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great Pay Opportunities... Stressful work environment

Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Bend, OR
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Bend, OR

I have been working at Verizon

Pros

You Can make killer commissions some months. There is a ton of training. Competitive environment, lots of new products. Good Team Morale base pay + commision

Cons

I am soo tired. My legs and back kill me every night due to the intentional lack of chairs. Commissions fluctuate due to quotas that never seem to line up with our sales.

Give customers and salespeople seats. Fix the commission structure, there is no stabuility here, within a span of 5 months I made a 9k commission check and a $600

2. Verizon is a great place to work.

Current Employee - Program Manager in Basking Ridge, NJ
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Basking Ridge, NJ

I have been working at Verizon

Pros

Verizon is a great place to work. They propagate an entrepreneurial atmosphere and encourage innovation. Employees are accountable for what they do and everyone is tasked to create value for the company and create the best user experience possible for the customer while doing that. Creativity is nurtured and there is a sense everyone is working towards the 'greater good'.

Cons

At times working for a large company can feel overwhelming in that changing directions to deal with market conditions becomes very difficult. Finding enough growth areas for a company of this size is key to the success of the company over the next 10 years and key for professional growth off the employees.

Keep an eye on emerging technologies and be ahead of the curve instead of behind on the curve on the 'next big thing'.

There are newer employer reviews for Verizon