Verizon

www.verizon.com
  www.verizon.com
There are newer employer reviews for Verizon

Great place to start a career

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Sales Representative in Denver, CO

I have been working at Verizon

Pros

Verizon is a great company to work for. They offer lots of benefits, as well as great opportunities for advancement.

Cons

Sometimes they move you locations without a lot of notice, and expect you to just go along with it without any complaints.

There is a big disconnect between in store and over the phone support, and it causes a lot of escalations with customers.

2546 Other Employee Reviews for Verizon (View Most Recent)

FNFT

Current Employee - Fiber Optic Field Technician in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Fiber Optic Field Technician in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Verizon

Pros

Good pay and overtime rates, great benefits

Cons

Management doesn' t care about products, employees or customers

Verizon Communication Southeast region needs a complete management shakedown especially at the top if it ever wants recoup any of the money invested in the FIOS products. If half the time that is spent on scare tactics to try to reach unachievable productivity goals was put into improving the product instead, the company would have been profitable in its FIOS deployment already.

The only thing good is the pay

Current Employee - Fiber Customer Support Analyst in Syracuse, NY
    Current Employee - Fiber Customer Support Analyst in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at Verizon

Pros

The pay is excellent, I like my co-workers, and the location is good (free parking, etc)

Cons

They will own you for the amount they pay you. They believe in forced overtime and when you don't show up for it because you are trying to have a life outside of work they use the term "unreliable." I started working nights several years ago thinking that I would eventually either get to days or take another position - all positions dried up and nobody else gets hired so I have no chance of getting off of nights. No way to live if you have a family.

Offer part time !! There are lots of people who can get their medical benefits from a spouse and would take the reduced hours to have a proper work/life balance. Its a win/win situation.

There are newer employer reviews for Verizon