There are newer employer reviews for Verizon

I have learned a lot

Current Employee - Data Engineer in Richardson, TX
Current Employee - Data Engineer in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Verizon

Pros

Management works well with employees

Cons

Lack of promotions in recent years.

Promote. It has been years.

2419 Other Employee Reviews for Verizon (View Most Recent)

Unfulfilling, Lack of Job Security

Former Employee - Business Operations Support Specialist in Basking Ridge, NJ
    Former Employee - Business Operations Support Specialist in Basking Ridge, NJ

I worked at Verizon

Pros

Salaries and benefits are excellent compared to other places that I have worked. The building is very nice and the work area was quiet and peaceful. There are some very nice perks including a full Gym in the building.

Cons

There are quite a few cons, most of which I'm sure would be largely subjective depending on one's department, boss, nature of work, etc. The issue I would like to touch on is job security (or lack thereof). I moved to NJ from out of state to accept this position and was laid off within 8 months.

Also, my work was very unfulfilling. It is very difficult to imagine how my job made any tangible benefit to the company which created an environment where I wasn't very emotionally invested in my work.

It would be very helpful for you to treat employees as your most important asset, rather than a disposable resource

Layoffs every quarter, sweatshop type atmosphere.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

I worked at Verizon

Pros

The money was OK, I suppose.

Cons

Always layoffs at the end of every quarter.. Do less with more. Train your replacement and we won't be needing you anymore!

Keep your jobs here in the USA! Customers do not appreciate being handed off from an American engineer to someone who barely can comprehend the English language.

There are newer employer reviews for Verizon