I have learned a lot

Current Employee - Data Engineer in Richardson, TX
Current Employee - Data Engineer in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Verizon

Pros

Management works well with employees

Cons

Lack of promotions in recent years.

Advice to Management

Promote. It has been years.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Unfulfilling, Lack of Job Security

Former Employee - Business Operations Support Specialist in Basking Ridge, NJ
    Former Employee - Business Operations Support Specialist in Basking Ridge, NJ

I worked at Verizon

Pros

Salaries and benefits are excellent compared to other places that I have worked. The building is very nice and the work area was quiet and peaceful. There are some very nice perks including a full Gym in the building.

Cons

There are quite a few cons, most of which I'm sure would be largely subjective depending on one's department, boss, nature of work, etc. The issue I would like to touch on is job security (or lack thereof). I moved to NJ from out of state to accept this position and was laid off within 8 months. Also, my work was very unfulfilling. It is very difficult to imagine how my job made any tangible benefit to the company which created an environment where I wasn't very emotionally invested in my work.

Advice to Management

It would be very helpful for you to treat employees as your most important asset, rather than a disposable resource

2. Don't keep the contractors out anymore

Current Employee - Engineering Contractor in Basking Ridge, NJ
    Current Employee - Engineering Contractor in Basking Ridge, NJ

I have been working at Verizon

Pros

There is a log of knowledge sharing even between departments. The opportunity to work on many aspects of technology is usually available.

Cons

Well ... I am a contractor if you haven't figured it out yet and I have been working there for several years now. Even though I perform well and have told I am a key asset on my team the oppurtunity to become a permenant employee is not even on the table. Even now there are positions available in my group but they would rather give it to an unqualified internal employee than a contractor who is doing the job now.

Advice to Management

If a Contractor proves themself as a valued employee the hire them and give them a career path.