There are newer employer reviews for Verizon

Verizon is a good company with great potential!

Current Employee - Engineer in Ashburn, VA
Current Employee - Engineer in Ashburn, VA

I have been working at Verizon

Pros

We have good benefits and there is alot of opportunity to become better if you apply yourself. The company is nationwide now so you can move if that what you want to do. There is plenty of opportunity to move around every two or three years even if you stay in one city.

Cons

Its a large slow moving beast that does thing the way we do them cause that's how its always been done. So much information is passed away on things but noone seems to know why or how all the information is being used.

I would suggest you examine why we do something or provide a form and ask do we really need that.

2403 Other Employee Reviews for Verizon (View Most Recent)

Nice Place to work

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Verizon

Pros

If you are capable this is company where you can grow real fast

Cons

cant really balance your personal life

keep doing what you doing

Verizon Business is a technology company that has awesome benefits and values the individual employee!

Current Employee - Web Developer in Basking Ridge, NJ
    Current Employee - Web Developer in Basking Ridge, NJ

I have been working at Verizon

Pros

I love the flexibility of my current job as well as the impact I feel I make at it. I work with an extensive group of global colleagues who are all extremely talented in their particular area. Almost everyone approaches projects in an earnestness to better improve the company overall.

I love that because Verizon Business is a global technology company, many of the employee systems are online -- Time and Expense, Vacation tracking, Benefits Enrollment and Changes, Payroll -- everything that you, as an employee need, can be managed through the web.

I also love that Verizon Business has a stellar Recognition and Rewards program. Managers can give their employees reward points where 1 point = 1 dollar. So if a manager gives an employee 100 points, the employee has really been awarded 100 dollars. There's an online redemption site where employees can redeem gift certificates to stores... or do what I do, which is to have the money transferred to a Verizon Business pre-paid Mastercard that you can then use anywhere.

Cons

Verizon Business is an LOB within the Verizon enterprise. The Verizon Core company does not have a very effective shared services model that all of the LOBs can utilize nor is there effective deployment of systems and guidelines (such as branding) that affect the different LOBs. This causes a lot of additional, unnecessary work that exploits project timelines as well as overall delivery.

There are too many independent projects because individual groups don't realize that the project they are working on are either part of a whole or involve additional people. Peope operate tactically first, and strategize second.

The overall strategy / direction of the company goals and objectives need to be better developed into tactical action plans.

There are newer employer reviews for Verizon