Verizon

www.verizon.com
  www.verizon.com
There are newer employer reviews for Verizon

Let's Get Verizon Back to Greatness!

Current Employee - Network Operations Specialist in Long Beach, CA
Current Employee - Network Operations Specialist in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at Verizon

Pros

For me - my work location, my manager and colleagues. We really work as a team and rely on each other. I work hard and my manager and director appreciate my efforts.

Cons

I feel Verizon has lost focus on the customer. With outsourcing jobs and laying off US employees to make the company lean and streamlined, they are not seeing what it is doing to our image as a first class telecommunications company.

Don't bow so much to unions and keep the jobs in the US. Let's keep the money in our economy and not in the Philippines, India and Mexico.

2560 Other Employee Reviews for Verizon (View Most Recent)

Verizon is good for experience...but not if u have bills >30k

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Rock Hill, SC
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Rock Hill, SC

I have been working at Verizon

Pros

The benefits, It has a very flexible schedule for those who need time off.

Cons

some of the downsides is that as the company gets bigger and the economy gets tighter a lot of things we are used to doing that made us an exceptional company is now making us fit in with the industry norms...Turning down the offer for the i-phone

To pay people according to what they deliver or offer to them team instead of starting everyone off at the same low pay. The person with a college degree should be compensated for the knowledge and diversity they bring to the table. It really makes a lot of employees think of it as a job and not a career

Depending on education level, can be a great place to develop career.

Former Employee - Coordinator, Customer Service in Cranberry Township, PA
    Former Employee - Coordinator, Customer Service in Cranberry Township, PA

I worked at Verizon

Pros

If you can deal with the culture and are willing to 'put in your time,' limitless growth potential. Big if, though. If you have a low education level, this can be a great place to start a career and develop one - work hard, explore your options, and a lot can happen. Benefits were quite good, and start almost immediately, bonuses even at entry-level posts.

Cons

Endless bureaucracy, incompetent and clueless middle management. Retail customers are a tough crowd at times, which can be very tiring. People often get promoted to one level above their competency, so watch out. HR doesn't care about you in the slightest (they work for VZ), so again, be on your guard.

Pay attention to the bottom - they interact directly with your customers, and hear the grumbling in its most raw form.

There are newer employer reviews for Verizon