There are newer employer reviews for Verizon

Let's Get Verizon Back to Greatness!

Current Employee - Network Operations Specialist in Long Beach, CA
Current Employee - Network Operations Specialist in Long Beach, CA

Pros

For me - my work location, my manager and colleagues. We really work as a team and rely on each other. I work hard and my manager and director appreciate my efforts.

Cons

I feel Verizon has lost focus on the customer. With outsourcing jobs and laying off US employees to make the company lean and streamlined, they are not seeing what it is doing to our image as a first class telecommunications company.

Advice to Management

Don't bow so much to unions and keep the jobs in the US. Let's keep the money in our economy and not in the Philippines, India and Mexico.

Other Employee Reviews for Verizon

1. Great place to launch career and move on after 3-5 years.

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Dallas, TX

Pros

Health benefits have been better in the past years, but overall the benefits are still good versus having no health benefits at all. Another great opportunity is the $8K / year allowed for each management employee to put towards furthering education along with personal and professional growth. I fully believe that Verizon is a great place to launch your career and gain valuable experience to take with you to other corporations. Company offers a 401k match of 6% contribution and then depending on how the company performs for the prior year additional payout of 2% is feasible.

Cons

Frozen pension or no pension provided at this time, which means that you have to take an active role in preparing for your retirement, which is not that bad of thing, but it just takes some getting used too. It is especially hard for those individuals that are impacted and have several years of service with company and counted on the pension benefits. Also, not having retiree health care benefits is a bigger downer for me than not having a pension, since the company offers an enhanced 401k match.

Advice to Management

Verizon is extremely TOP HEAVY at this time too many Senior Executive positions and not enough management first and second levels to get the jobs done properly in the compressed time frames expected of management.

2. It's all you could expect it to be

Former Employee - End User Support in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - End User Support in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Experience and teamwork at the technician level. Generally your temmates are very helpful as you are all in it together to accomplish the tasks at hand. There are a lot of things to learn here as well, so it's a good place to acquire some skillsets and move on to another company.

Cons

There is an exorbitant amount of work and tasks that need to be completed and too few people to accomplish them, and ther is no hope in sight for more staff to get hired. There is an attitude of having just enough to get by, and that leads to stress and other things outside of the workplace.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees.