There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless

great place to work

Current Employee - Operations Coordinator in Charlotte, NC
Current Employee - Operations Coordinator in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Verizon Wireless

Pros

very flexible time off options and benefits
management very understanding and easy to work with
sense of family and unity within work group
easy to foster and build relationships and network

Cons

job compartmentalization
can be repetitive and mundane
management may not be knowledgeable about job specifics
very subjective performance appraisals
overly reliant on hard numbers to determine job performance and employee worthiness

offer ability of entry level positions to participate more in different projects in order to expand on their knowledge and skills about the business that will aid in career development and progression

2994 Other Employee Reviews for Verizon Wireless (View Most Recent)

Great benefits and pay but you can get trapped

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Verizon Wireless

Pros

Tuition reimbursement around $8500 per year. I love the backup childcare benefit. You can't beat 1/2 price on 6 lines of service plus 35% off accessories. Mobiles are no longer a luxury. You can afford to make sure your grandma and your 2 kids have the security of a mobile.

Cons

SMEs are taken advantage of. Manager jobs are now posted as Consultant level jobs. ADs are being downgraded to Managers and Consultants are being downgraded to Analysts. This even as the scope of responsibility increases dramatically. This effectively makes it increasingly difficult to get promoted. Promotions are rare unless you are an executive. It is infuriating.

If you have people in a postion for more than 5 years who have posted for at least 2-4 positions you need to look into why they are not advancing. There is a lot of self-driven career advancement opportuinity, (training etc.) but there is no focus on ensuring Managers are mentoring, guiding and coaching their staff. Giving me a list of classes to take is not guiding or coaching.

Im proud to workforce Verizon but the politics kills moral

Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Chino, CA
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Chino, CA

I have been working at Verizon Wireless

Pros

Tuition assistance, commission, commission, commission, health plan, 401k, overtime, secure job as long as you perform decently. You can give yourself a raise whenever you want. Job responsibilities are very simple for what you get paid for. Sell a phone, some accessories, demo a lap top, call it a day.

Cons

Management. You can tell which managers are there cause they were in good with their district managers. Sales goal is unrealistic. At one point you will have to put your integrity aside to get by. Managers use the word "creative" to disguise their grey line discounts.

Don't think that we smile and feel pride when we open up your monthly emails and read off the names who did growth right and fly out to Hawaii. We laugh. We laugh at the fact that it's not done right, but no one wants to say anything because there is no point. There should rarely be a rep with doubles the gross gains than their upgrades. But, who wants to fire someone who creates growth (false churn). Sometimes it feels like Verizon practices the same cover-up techniques as the catholic church. Transfer and deny. Cover for the rep and avoid HR because they help hit their stores numbers.

There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless