Verizon Wireless

www.verizonwireless.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless

It's ok so far, has potiential and will see how it plays out...

Current Employee - Device Specialist in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Device Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Verizon Wireless

Pros

Pay + Short Term Incentive
Benefits from day one that you're hired
401k automatic enrollment
2 weeks paid vacation after 6 months service
Tuition Assistance
Discounts with other companies
Promotions from within

There is a lot of responsibility that comes with any 'career' at VZW. They leave everything up to you, and you will either sink or swim. If you want to find out something, you better learn where to look for the answer because asking for where to go will get you chewed out. If you make a big difference or impact for the company they will recognize you. Changes occur often, and I do mean often. You can move up in the company if you know the right people and give up your personal life to succeed. In retail however, it is very very very hard to crossover to corporate. Most don't make it past Asst Mgr, but if you network properly you can move up. They do promote from within. They say its harder to get hired at Verizon Wireless than it is to get into Harvard, and they pride themselves on that.

Cons

Days off are limited
Very Political
Last minute changes often
Micro management
High School like environment in Retail

Since I've been with the company my schedule has changed more than twice in one week. You cannot have any outside obligations. If you schedule a vacation well ahead of time, they can and will cancel it if something comes up, such as a phone launch, so its very hard to make plans. Back to back days off are rare. Great job for while you're young, in college or a fresh graduate and have no kids. If you're over 30 with a family, you will have a hard time coping, you won't be seeing Billy and Susie's soccer games and ballet recitals.

Some managers micro manage and its very annoying. Coworkers will be coworkers I suppose, and its retail of course so its very childish and people can be immature many times. They preach a lot of things during training, but once you make it out into your store you see that it's a completely different story. Corporate people visit often.

We all don't like the taste of that Kool-Aid, hire more employees so others can get time off consecutively.

3505 Other Employee Reviews for Verizon Wireless (View Most Recent)

Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cranston, RI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cranston, RI

I have been working at Verizon Wireless

Pros

Unlimited opportunity for many different trades

Cons

A very large company with a corporate america culture at times

Spend more time with your teams face to face.

Trade our soul for dollars

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Verizon Wireless

Pros

The pay is decent, benefits are the best anywhere. You will have very little free time. The demands far outweigh the compensation. After working there for 5 years you may receive a 'promotion" to asst. manager, which is a pay cut if you are a worthwhile sales rep. This is a young persons job with no kids/life. Overall a good job. Lots and lots of bs goes in to this job. You can consistently make 45k If you work your life away you will make 60k plus.

Cons

no personal time. management could care less about you. unreal demands. advancement is very slow.

Listen to your employees. relax a little, its not that serious its retail.

There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless