Verizon Wireless

www.verizonwireless.com
  www.verizonwireless.com
There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless

It's ok so far, has potiential and will see how it plays out...

Current Employee - Device Specialist in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Device Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Verizon Wireless

Pros

Pay + Short Term Incentive
Benefits from day one that you're hired
401k automatic enrollment
2 weeks paid vacation after 6 months service
Tuition Assistance
Discounts with other companies
Promotions from within

There is a lot of responsibility that comes with any 'career' at VZW. They leave everything up to you, and you will either sink or swim. If you want to find out something, you better learn where to look for the answer because asking for where to go will get you chewed out. If you make a big difference or impact for the company they will recognize you. Changes occur often, and I do mean often. You can move up in the company if you know the right people and give up your personal life to succeed. In retail however, it is very very very hard to crossover to corporate. Most don't make it past Asst Mgr, but if you network properly you can move up. They do promote from within. They say its harder to get hired at Verizon Wireless than it is to get into Harvard, and they pride themselves on that.

Cons

Days off are limited
Very Political
Last minute changes often
Micro management
High School like environment in Retail

Since I've been with the company my schedule has changed more than twice in one week. You cannot have any outside obligations. If you schedule a vacation well ahead of time, they can and will cancel it if something comes up, such as a phone launch, so its very hard to make plans. Back to back days off are rare. Great job for while you're young, in college or a fresh graduate and have no kids. If you're over 30 with a family, you will have a hard time coping, you won't be seeing Billy and Susie's soccer games and ballet recitals.

Some managers micro manage and its very annoying. Coworkers will be coworkers I suppose, and its retail of course so its very childish and people can be immature many times. They preach a lot of things during training, but once you make it out into your store you see that it's a completely different story. Corporate people visit often.

We all don't like the taste of that Kool-Aid, hire more employees so others can get time off consecutively.

3236 Other Employee Reviews for Verizon Wireless (View Most Recent)

Good experience

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Maple Grove, MN
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Maple Grove, MN

I have been working at Verizon Wireless

Pros

Great benefits, good pay for working hard. Good experience for someone that is looking to go into a sales role. Compensation is based off of performance.

Cons

Work life balance is very tough, working with the general public everyday can get old. Not much room for career advancement unless you want to move all over the country. Not much talent within the management team.

Try to listen to your employees they know a thing or two. Stop shoving everything down our throat.

they run your dick into the dirt

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

I have been working at Verizon Wireless

Pros

The money isn't terrible for the job done, employee discount never hurts

Cons

retail hours, too many people think the job is way more important than it actually is. It's a great job if you have no degree or maybe less skills, its sad to see some of the people there because you know they couldn't function at a non retail job. Management wants you to be 24/7 work life balance doesn't happen at VZW and if you value weekends or family time, don't bother. The sales goals for most are difficult to hit month in and month out. I understand challenging but man.... cut it out

relax bro, we work at a cell phone store, we aren't that important

There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless