There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless

Earnings potential is only limited by your work ethic

Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Verizon Wireless

Pros

Verizon is a great place and company to work for. The benefits are hard to beat and they even have a tuition reimbursement program. As a sales rep your earnings are only limited by how hard you want to work. Senior Management does a good job of disseminating needed information and expressing the company values and culture.

Cons

Because it is retail there is a high turn over rate. In those 2 years we went through several store level management changes so it was hard to develop a good team based work environment. At times a work life balance was hard to obtain even though it was much needed.

Advice to Management

Senior Management is doing a good job however I feel they need to train store level management to connect to employees better.

reviews filtered by
  1. Good place to work, lots of angry customers

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Verizon Wireless

Pros

Good benefits, decent management team. Employee discount almost makes it all worth while. Benefit packages are competitive. Pay was decent. Made some good friends at the company.

Cons

Lots of angry customers call who want to blame everything on the customer service rep on the reviving end. Management can sometimes be too clicky and transparent

2. Milestone to my life.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Verizon Wireless

Pros

Becoming a employee of Verizon Wireless is one of the gratest things that happened in my life. Definitly a milestone in my life and the environment is awesome with plenty of opportunities to grow.

Cons

Having to wait 12 months everytime you get a promotion. I mildly disagree with how my current work is evaluated.

Advice to Management

I would like us to find a better way to evaluate current Customer Service or Technical Support employees.