There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless

Verizon is a fast pace company and has lots of benefits, but you do have to sacrifice a lot of your personal life.

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Sales Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at Verizon Wireless

Pros

Ability to make lots of money

Cons

Hard to balance work and personal life with constant changes to the schedule and having to come in on days off for promotions, meetings, etc.

reviews filtered by

Nice benefits, but it's definitely a gateway job. Not a career.

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Mansfield, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Mansfield, OH

I have been working at Verizon Wireless

Pros

Good money for anyone without a degree and great insurance.

Cons

Sales compensation is poor and expectations are way too high. High turn over rate. Retail hours. No work/life balance.

Take a look at the top 100 companies of 2012 and look into *why* they are the top rated. Compensate the little guys for promoting the growth in Verizon. Without Sales Reps, you'd be nothing. Figure out a system to keep employees. You pay thousands of dollars to train a new hire rather than finding some sort of employee retention program. Our day to day thought process revolves around the fact that we will ultimately end up getting fired... it has nothing to do with making money at this point.

2. I like my job but don't love my job.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Verizon Wireless

Pros

Its great to see all the new products and be a part of the changing wireless industry.

Cons

The worst downside is the sale quota and metrics. It doesn't matter how hard you work in sales its never enough.

And all promotions are political, they know who their going to promote into a new position before the office chair cools down from the last employee.

Be more pro employee and actually value your employees opinions and suggestions.

There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless