There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless

great staff!

I worked at Verizon Wireless

Pros

In Verizon you really feel as if your part of a team.

Cons

The company wants to increase the work load with out increasing salary.

reviews filtered by
  1. Sales Rep

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They have the benefits of any company i worked for. The earning potential is out of this world, but you pay a price for that. generous 401k contribution from employer with yearly profit sharing. PTO and vacation time are very generous compared to other companies allowing you access to your vacation time after 90 days.

Cons

I dont know if i have enough room for the negatives... I've had the opportunity to work in 2 markets upstate ny and Los Angeles. I would say the worst experience i had with the company was in LA because there way of thinking is just sell, sell, sell it doesnt matter if the customer needs the service or cant afford it, they just want you to sell. i felt like i had to sell my soul to the devil to make my quota being underhanded and shady was the unwritten rule in that area. I should say the I worked in SN2 district. customers didnt want to come to the stores because they felt like they were going to get ripped off and they had a good reason to feel that way...SN2 won many awards for outstanding numbers in a quarter. those numbers were achieved by lying and cheating customers sticking them in 2yr contracts with bills ranging from $200 to $400 bucks a month. I felt dirty and ashamed of myself that i had to take a fmla leave... Thats another thing I never heard i fmla until i moved out to LA with the company. People take fmla just to get a break from working for this company... It was a horrible experience and it made my time there in LA miserable.

do the right thing for employee's and customers and listen to us... changes have to be made.

2. Great organization with a great promise. Can use fresh talent to differentiate itself as a world leader.

I have been working at Verizon Wireless

Pros

Stable, growing, profitable, great business model, and a juggernaut that offers the best network in the business.

Cons

Politics and old style management mars the management landscape. True innovation is embedded in technology partners who build the network. Old school management permanently occupies management positions which hampers the flow of talent around the business.

Lead with compulsion and spontaneity. Free the masses from a stale middle management so their talent can help you transform this organization into a true world class organization.

There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless