Verizon Wireless

Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless

great staff!

I worked at Verizon Wireless

Pros

In Verizon you really feel as if your part of a team.

Cons

The company wants to increase the work load with out increasing salary.

3511 Other Employee Reviews for Verizon Wireless (View Most Recent)

Sales Rep

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They have the benefits of any company i worked for. The earning potential is out of this world, but you pay a price for that. generous 401k contribution from employer with yearly profit sharing. PTO and vacation time are very generous compared to other companies allowing you access to your vacation time after 90 days.

Cons

I dont know if i have enough room for the negatives... I've had the opportunity to work in 2 markets upstate ny and Los Angeles. I would say the worst experience i had with the company was in LA because there way of thinking is just sell, sell, sell it doesnt matter if the customer needs the service or cant afford it, they just want you to sell. i felt like i had to sell my soul to the devil to make my quota being underhanded and shady was the unwritten rule in that area. I should say the I worked in SN2 district. customers didnt want to come to the stores because they felt like they were going to get ripped off and they had a good reason to feel that way...SN2 won many awards for outstanding numbers in a quarter. those numbers were achieved by lying and cheating customers sticking them in 2yr contracts with bills ranging from $200 to $400 bucks a month. I felt dirty and ashamed of myself that i had to take a fmla leave... Thats another thing I never heard i fmla until i moved out to LA with the company. People take fmla just to get a break from working for this company... It was a horrible experience and it made my time there in LA miserable.

do the right thing for employee's and customers and listen to us... changes have to be made.

Great benefits.

Former Employee - Senior Representative Customer Service
    Former Employee - Senior Representative Customer Service

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Benefits are great. Pay is about average. Opportunity for advancement. Gym and cafeteria on site.

Cons

Horrible schedules. Very high stress. VZW seems more focused on metrics than actual customer service. Outsourced vendors need better training, customers get very angry when they are given bad info.

Take a call every now and then. It's obvious that you are way out of touch. Setting employees up for failure is not good business.

There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless