There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless

One of the best companies out there!

Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in West Allis, WI
Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in West Allis, WI

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pay is great
Benefits are one of the best I have ever seen
Training is better than what I got in 4 years at college
The people at this company are awesome for the most part

Cons

I guess the only con would be if you are in the retail end and then you have to work every weekend...

Keep up the good work!

reviews filtered by

Used to be great for sales, now corporate is the green side of the fence

Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Long Beach, NJ
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Long Beach, NJ

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, 6% 401k, medical, dental, 8k a year tuition assistance. Made 50k first year in retail sales, which is great for retail. Stable company, OK job right out of college to make some money

Cons

If you work in retail you will hate your life! Sales reps used to 80k+ from 2000-2006, until the market became saturated (everyone has a cell phone). You will be micro managed on 15+ metrics that are almost impossible to hit. have to offer every customer a tablet, home phone service, 80$ accessory package, insurance, etc etc...They expect so much from you but treat you like a child. most good reps left for greener pastures. Hard to get promoted, takes 2-4 years to make assistant manager which is also a pay cut. Corporate is supposedly better, but you have to sell your soul to get there, if you can at all..They are finding reasons to fire people in retail as they downsize this segment of the business. Try selling someone a flip phone for 150$ with 80$ in accessories when they can go to costco and get it all for free, or even go to VZW online to get the same phone free. Like I said, used to be great, now not so much. Retail hours = lots of weekends and nights. Have to lie, screw over customers, and be a two-faced sleazy salesman if you want to get promoted. Did i mention you have to kiss a lot of a$$?

Get off our a$$es! don't need to be micro managed after every sale . Senior management needs to stop reducing commissions as its destroying moral and causing reps to leave in droves. Not that it matters, its all churn an burn at the bottom levels, more $$ for the big dogs.

2. becoming too big

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Network Engineer in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

stability compared to other telecom compaines

Cons

marketing is lacking we don't sell 4g very well

you need sales engineers