Verizon Wireless

www.verizonwireless.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless

An enjoyable experience

Former Employee - Coordinator, Business & Government Customer Operations in Rancho Cordova, CA

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Company treats their employees very well, with generous benefits. Ongoing training about new products and services. Tuition reimbursement offered. Lots of vacation time, increasing based on number of years with the company. I worked with amazing, knowledgable people. A severance package was offered due to company relocation to another state. They brought in an outplacement firm to help teach us how to write resumes, how to interview and how to look for jobs. COBRA benefits paid for a period of time after leaving company.

Cons

Some supervisors are micromanagers. Some policies seemed not very well thought out. A bit too lenient on people who had serious attendance issues. Some people who were not very productive were allowed to stay with company, increasing the workload for the rest of us. Some Supervisors seemed to play favorites when providing feedback and coaching on quality.

3485 Other Employee Reviews for Verizon Wireless (View Most Recent)

Well established company who cares about their customers and employees

Current Employee - Tech Support II in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Tech Support II in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits from day one. Discounts. Career Progression. Tuition Reimbursement. 401k match up to 9%. Incentives.

Cons

Hard to have all the answers. Customers can rip you apart. Always need to stay within the numbers. Always changing and sometimes it gets hard to adjust.

Do more focus groups to see how everyone is doing and how we can help each other out more.

Amazing Company to work for

Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Richmond, VA

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Management was great and they really tried to help you make the most of your time and give the training needed to do your job.

Cons

Not really a con because it is retail. I had to work a lot of nights and weekends.

Keep training your people. I learned so much at Verizon Wireless.

There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless