Verizon Wireless

There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless

Nighmare

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Wellington, FL
Former Employee - Sales Representative in Wellington, FL

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great Pay and benefits, the best I have ever seen. Salary and commision. All the overtime you want'
Paid training,

Cons

Managers condone Bullying, and show favoritism to there buddies. Discriminate if your over 50 big time. Micro manage you if your not a favorite. They make it very hard to make your quotas. Not good at on the job training.

Everyone does not learn at the same rate. Work to be a better mentor to everyone. Some people need more training then others.

3236 Other Employee Reviews for Verizon Wireless (View Most Recent)

Tech Coordinator II

Current Employee - Coordinator II in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Coordinator II in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits - medical, dental, annual raises, and tuition assistance. Flexing schedule and of course STI

Cons

Having a tech rep selling products (upgrades), we are there to fix their problem not sell devices. Outsourcing to much and not having the outsource reps with the same standard as VZW employees. Customer voices are no longer heard. Employee phone plan should be a lot better. Suppose to follow the "credo" -- haven't seen that done in years. Its just a nice thing to say the company has - lost sight of what the company "was"

Stop being so greedy, focus inward, your employees and customers are frustrated - listen to complaints and take it seriously. Without good employees and customers, the company will decline.

An enjoyable experience

Former Employee - Coordinator, Business & Government Customer Operations in Rancho Cordova, CA

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Company treats their employees very well, with generous benefits. Ongoing training about new products and services. Tuition reimbursement offered. Lots of vacation time, increasing based on number of years with the company. I worked with amazing, knowledgable people. A severance package was offered due to company relocation to another state. They brought in an outplacement firm to help teach us how to write resumes, how to interview and how to look for jobs. COBRA benefits paid for a period of time after leaving company.

Cons

Some supervisors are micromanagers. Some policies seemed not very well thought out. A bit too lenient on people who had serious attendance issues. Some people who were not very productive were allowed to stay with company, increasing the workload for the rest of us. Some Supervisors seemed to play favorites when providing feedback and coaching on quality.

There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless