There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless

Only those with strong work ethic need apply!

Current Employee - Associate Director in Schaumburg, IL
Current Employee - Associate Director in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Verizon Wireless

Pros

Very strong comp/benefits package, including great tuition assistance benefit; performance based culture that generally weeds out the incompetent quickly; strong emphasis on the customer and conducting business in an ethical way. A leading performer in a growth industry. Senior Mgmt takes a long term view and generally makes sound, business savy decisions; extensive online training offerings available on company intranet.

Cons

Work/life balance is a challenge in certain departments/jobs, especially the retail channel. Pressure to perform / deliver the numbers constantly drives some level of burnout, particularly in the sales functions; like any large company, there is some level of bureaucracy, but not overwhelming.

Bring back broadbased employee Long Term Incentive offerings - was a good differentiator in the marketplace and promoted employee retention. Celebrate the Company's many successes with more enthusiasm!

3030 Other Employee Reviews for Verizon Wireless (View Most Recent)

Verizon Wireless, love it or hate it those are the only two options

Former Employee - Account Liaison in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Account Liaison in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Verizon Wireless

Pros

The benefits started day one, the tutition reimbusment funds are awesome. Plus, Verizon will pay for your education directly to the college before your classes start, which means no money out of your pocket.

Cons

The politics made it difficult to get promoted. Open positions are listed but ususally the actual position has already been given to someone. Management will still go through the motions of interviewing people who do not stand a chance of getting the job.

Promote competence into leadership postions, not those who have sat at thier desk the longest.

Good place to work if you like call centers.

Former Employee - Customer Financial Service REp in Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Customer Financial Service REp in Charleston, SC

I worked at Verizon Wireless

Pros

The pay at Verizon is very competitive, and the benfits are great if you are full time. Being part-time , I paid $100 out of my pay check every 2 weeks to keep benefits. I worked in "collections", so I took payments over the phone and also called people to let them know their phones would be disconnected after the call if they did not make payment. It truely is a great company to work for, however, I would have much rather been in the Sales at the retail stores rather than in the Call Center. I left for another job where I would not be bored to death in front of the computer. 4 hours a day was killing me, I could have never handled full time.

Cons

Call center environment can be very boring.

Mix up inbound and outbound calls more frequently and find a way to always call the correct numbers.

There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless