Good company to work for, but not in retail

Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative
Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time for more than a year

Pros

There were many benefits to working for Verizon. The pay was very good at times, depending what quotas were and the traffic for that month. Nothing was guaranteed except for the weak hourly pay.

Cons

Quotas were usually high and not all reps would meet them. Goals would change month to month, sometimes would be very different.

Keep goals more consistent, offer more rewards for employees who do well at their job and not just the people with the most activations for the month. The best sales reps are not always the best managers. I worked with many really good employees who would make better managers than half of the people in charge, but they didn't get the most sales.

Other Reviews for Verizon Wireless

Great Benefits, stressful

Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Consultant

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits, 401k, tuition assistance (paid up front, not reimbursement), free access to safari books and tutor.com for yourself and kids. Discounts with many major companies. 50% off of wireless bill., discounts on devices and accessories, contests to win free devices and accessories. Great pay. ( I havent finished my degree yet but I am making more then several of my friends who have 4 year degrees from major Universities,

Cons

Very difficult to maintain work/life balance. unreasonable expectations. ( required quota of 200+ NEW lines per month in a town of about 6000 people. You must do some work outside of work (getting referrels, actively getting leads, networking) in order to make your quota each month. ( This might be different in larger locations) Very Difficult to change job positions. IE. I am more technically minded (finishing Engineering degree) but I would be unable to transfer if I didnt hit my quota for one month. ( I would be put on a warning and it wouldnt fall off for 3 months. If I didnt hit it again within those 3 months, I would be bumped up to the next level [written warning] and it wouldnt fall off for 6 months.

Find out what skills your employees have and actively help move them to roles that would make them be more suuccessful in within the company.

Great company, cellular business has gotten saturated

Former Employee - Major Account Manager
    Former Employee - Major Account Manager

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great pay and experience. One of the best companies when it comes to training employees from entry to executive. Always leading company in the technology

Cons

Cell phone business has become very saturated. Verizon is hands down best company but customers mostly only care about $$.

NA

There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless.

Worked for Verizon Wireless? Contribute to the Community!