Verizon Wireless

There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless

Overall rating is Good

Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Longview, TX
Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Longview, TX

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Verizon pay scale was excellent for the area of the country. The work environment was excellent and the work schedule worked good for me. The job benefits, i.e., insurance also was good.

Cons

I found a bit of a lack of humanistic quality in the upper management. It appears that Verizon is more interested in Verizon than what makes Verizon.

It appears that Verizon is going away from the customer service and looking for MONEY! I believe you have lost you focus....the customers made you what you are.

3242 Other Employee Reviews for Verizon Wireless (View Most Recent)

Worked as National Account Cordinator

Former Employee - National Account Coordinator in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - National Account Coordinator in Seattle, WA

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Decent pay, treated well by Managment, solid training. I was always impress with the leadership at the top.

Cons

Make sure you work in a large center as that will improve your job security

Stressful, too much politics, and unrealistic expectations.

Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Verizon Wireless as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

- Great people work at VZW
    - New technologies, lots of projects and constant workflow
    - Telecommuting is available
    - Somewhat flexible hours

Cons

- Stressful
    - Everything is politics, if you want help then you have to go through the proper channels. Even when you try to do that you get discouraged because everyone is too busy to help you. You have to CC your manager to get anything done. The chain of command is ridiculous. If a junior needs to get into contact with a senior level member, then good luck on that.
    - They segregate the contractors from the employees. (Done in a lot of places)
    - You're expected to work overtime and not get payed. I was told to only do overtime if approved by the manager, but no matter how many times I ask him, he either ignores my question or changes the subject. The next day, if you don't do the overtime, he'll ask why you didn't get the job done.
    - Contractors are treated on an even lower level than juniors. I take orders from a junior who knows much less about what he's doing.
    - The seniors here are just stupid half the time. I constantly have to help them, do the work for them, or actually explain coding practices that are basic knowledge.
    - Even if your team earns a reward for all the hard work done, the manager only takes out the full time employees as a reward/celebration.
    - No matter how much quality work you contribute, you're still treated less than the members who contribute sloppy, poor, or just barely working code.
    - I asked to be hired and was told that I had to meet expectations that none of the other team members were even remotely close to meeting, including seniors.
    - You can only work from home as a contractor if you have a "special reason", full time employees can work from home whenever they want.
    - You ask for time off and your constantly asked to push it further and further back because it conflicts with another member, however when you push it and a full time member decides to leave the same time you did later, you're asked to push it back even further.

Get more organized! This is the worst management I have ever seen. Also, treat your employees better, they're people not puppets that you can use and abuse to make your stats look good.
    There's almost no incentive to do anything at this job, people produce bad work, and people who don't deserve to be senior's become senior's. You could easily fix this by better scrutinizing, better teamwork, and better organization. Stop rushing everything and slow down a bit and you'll produce better, stable code and have happier employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless