There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless

Worked as National Account Cordinator

Former Employee - National Account Coordinator in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - National Account Coordinator in Seattle, WA

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Decent pay, treated well by Managment, solid training. I was always impress with the leadership at the top.

Cons

Make sure you work in a large center as that will improve your job security

3018 Other Employee Reviews for Verizon Wireless (View Most Recent)

Outstanding

Current Employee - Technical Support Coordinator in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Technical Support Coordinator in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Career progression, great networking, leadership that cares.

This is the best job I have ever had, and the amount that this company cares about it's employees is outstanding!

I was hired in September of 2011 as a customer service representative. I said that within a year, I will be a technical support coordinator. Within 8 months, I was a member of a team that acted as a point of contact while a supervisor was otherwise engaged. After 9 months, I was a senior representative, and within 10 months I had applied and was accepted into the technical support coordinator position.

As long as you set a goal for yourself, this company is the best company to work for. They will assist you with any training or assistance you need in order to get to the level you wish to be at.

Cons

Escalated customers can be very opinionated, but a level head will get you through any situation.

BE FOREWARNED

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Irvine, CA

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great Job if this is your 1st one right after graduation and you do not know any better. Read below for details.

Cons

You will work all holidays except for possibly 2 all year, so no 3 day weekends, no being with family or friends. Start out working 2PM to 11PM no weekends off. $14.90 per hour regardless of your experience, 3.5 % rise yearly if you meet certain metrics or 5% if you are perfect which is unattainable since a) you are not a robot and b) they find fault with anything so they don't have to pay you. To make the max you would have to be at 98% on your metrics and I calculated no more than 3 bad surveys per year, when you receive 3 per week. This also impacts your bonus that you get in February which can be $2000 and up. Customers know the survey thing so they can give you a bad score(anything less than 9 out of 10!) to screw you over and you are stuck with it. I got stuck with one who complained about a rep in a big box store-it was not even about me! Take a minimum of 35 calls per day back to back/no break in between or the phone logs you out. You will be told go to the bathroom on your break or lunch. They hassle you for going even if you are pregnant or have medical issues. They will say that their benefits are fantastic, but I have had MUCH better elsewhere. The only positive I can say is that medical benefits start day 1, which would only benefit you if you had a medical issue, otherwise waiting 3 months for medical wouldnt be a problem. They make you take your vacation time when you call in to take FMLA time(authorized medicaltime off). They say there is all this opportunity for advancement when there is little. It may seem like there is to someone just out of school. They are pretty vague about what the path is required to get from one place to another and how much time is required for each position. Some positions require a test but it always requires an interview which can be subjective. You cannot transfer from wireless to communications or vice versa for example(I was told you could). Each AD(associate director/your boss' boss) has their own rules so you will get dinged for not saying something on a call that isn't required by your friend who has a different AD. At one point I had 7 pieces of paper taped on my screen for what I was required to say. Needles to say stress is abundant.

Be consistant with the metrics, otherwise they call it discrimination

There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless