There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless

Great benefits, culture, and environment

Current Employee - Consultant in Irvine, CA
Current Employee - Consultant in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits while on the job. The overall culture of the company is great and they strive and focus on employee satisfaction.

Cons

It sometimes can be difficult to move jobs within the company as there are very tenured people who have worked here for a long time with great experience.

Other Employee Reviews for Verizon Wireless

A company without a shred of a soul

Former Employee - Store Manager in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The compensation was very good for retail. I had a base salary of $50,000 and earned an additional $25,000 - $40,000 per year in bonuses and commissions.

Cons

I have never worked for a more greedy, soul-sucking company. VZW does not care AT ALL about its customers. We used to have customer service meetings so that the district and regional managers could tell us how important our customers were. But all commissions and bonuses were structured so that you had to screw over customers in order to hit your targets. We were also to hold the line on contracts in order to reduce churn, so we never allowed anyone out of a contract unless they were willing to pay the early termination fee. We were also told that in the case of a customer who died and a family member tried to cancel the contract, that we could only do so if we saw a death certificate. That was a nice thing to ask a grieving widow for. Not to mention that any salesperson who did not hit targets was fired immediately, and those targets required them to be dishonest to customers. Although I did hit my targets, this job was so stressful and this company so lacking in compassion and concern for both customers and staff that it was the greatest feeling of relief I ever had when I left my job.

Advice to Management

This is such a massively profitable corporation that it could afford to do all sorts of good, but it never will. And upper management is full of people who have no concern for other human beings. The only advice I could offer is for the entire upper management team to resign and spend the rest of their lives contemplating how they could live with themselves after treating people the way that they do.

2. Performance driven, but little work/life balance

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good compensation, very performance driven. Commission is big part of compensation

Cons

Integrity issues with mid level management

Advice to Management

Business with integrity will keep customers long term