There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless

A great company with the right values. Sometimes wrong bosses but overall an excellent employer.

Former Employee - Business Account Executive in Hartsdale, NY
Former Employee - Business Account Executive in Hartsdale, NY

I worked at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company Credo is impressive, and I've me many people who live it. People strive to do the right thing. HR impressive. They really care about you as a human being. I had fantastic bosses, except for one micromanaging egotistical newbie. Aside from him & the usual office jerk, coworkers are real people. Great benefits, good pay, excellent perks. Very diverse. If I had a chance to go back, I would.

Cons

The usual corporate red-tape you find in most places, and like any good corporate person, you learn to maneuver around that. But this company really tries, to out-do itself and out-do its past performance. From all the large corporations I've worked in, this has been the best.

Advice to Management

Keep striving to be the best, keeping the customer and your employees in mind. And please, I hope your network becomes GSM sometime in the future!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great Company to work for

Current Employee - Assistant Retail Store Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Assistant Retail Store Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great Benefits and all around great company to work for.

Cons

Continuously changing compensation... paying sales employees less year over year. Hard to get promotions because so many employees have been in the same positions for years and aren't going anywhere.

2. Fantastic Growth Opportunities and Awesome Culture

Current Employee - Recruiter in Wilmington, NC
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Wilmington, NC

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

What a happy work environment! Verizon Wireless takes excellent care of its employees. There are so many morale-building and fun activities that we engage in, both here in the center and out in the community. We live by our credo, which talks about integrity, teamwork, and being the best - not the biggest. I love that our representatives don't work off of a script and are encouraged to build a personal connection with each and every customer they speak to. I started just under 5 years ago and I've been able to progress multiple steps and gain knowledge and experience in multiple fields and departments, ultimately securing a Recruiter position, my dream since I began. It's possible to progress with hard work and proving your ability to make responsible decisions and grow through embracing feedback. We focus on metrics surrounding what our customers think about us, not just processing calls. This keeps us in check and proves that a positive attitude and a willingness to help can take you very far. Goals are realistic and are customer-centered. Overall, a wonderful place to work with fantastic benefits and a wonderful employee and customer base.

Cons

Representative schedules, early in a career, may be unfavorable, as schedule bidding is based on seniority.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Keep taking feedback from customers and employees to keep improving and busting bureaucracy.